Utility sink with rodi Faucet

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find any information about adding a rodi Faucet to a utility sink. So my rodi storage is right next to my sink, so I want to be able to clean my test kits and such with my rodi water. My plan is to add another Faucet for ro water to my utility sink. How can i accomplish this? Can I only do this with a Pressurized tank like the one sold at BRS? Thanks for the help

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowes and Home depots RO kits usually come with a faucet adapter...also I’m pretty sure you can buy one separately ....I’ll go search and repost if I can find one
Edited to add: yeah Amazon has them ... for some reason I recall it needing a air gap, but please take that with a grain of salt, I also split my output: one to a Brute trash can, the other is just a length of tubing with a valve (no faucet but same purpose).
Side note: I use this, its worth it
4F3B82CA-698D-49C8-96A1-F532C60CC7C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My storage barrel is right next to my utility sink as well. I just scoop a little water out to rinse things. I can't justify the added complexity/cost of adding a pressurized storage container and faucet.

If you really want to, take a look at what www.buckeyehydro.com has to offer, or just give them a call. They'll fix you right up at a very competitive price and just happen to have the best customer service around.

OP
OP
A

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dox
My storage barrel is right next to my utility sink as well. I just scoop a little water out to rinse things. I can't justify the added complexity/cost of adding a pressurized storage container and faucet.

If you really want to, take a look at what www.buckeyehydro.com has to offer, or just give them a call. They'll fix you right up at a very competitive price and just happen to have the best customer service around.
Lowes and Home depots RO kits usually come with a faucet adapter...also I’m pretty sure you can buy one separately ....I’ll go search and repost if I can find one
Edited to add: yeah Amazon has them ... for some reason I recall it needing a air gap, but please take that with a grain of salt, I also split my output: one to a Brute trash can, the other is just a length of tubing with a valve (no faucet but same purpose).
Side note: I use this, its worth it
4F3B82CA-698D-49C8-96A1-F532C60CC7C2.jpeg
That is what i was thinking just spilting the line like you did

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the water to have any useful pressure, you'll want a booster pump, pressure switch and need a pressure tank once those are in place you can add a "beverage faucet" (make sure it doesnt contain any funky metals). Honestly, its probably not worth the effort unless you'll actually be using it as a drinking water setup. I added a T on mine before the DI stage, and ran it to a tank and faucet, worked great and I still had the RODI side for tank water.

OP
OP
A

Anexs97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out. The output of the ro system i put a T then a valve so i can close the valve then all of the ro water goes to the sink.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back