0   0   0
Maybe this will help

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of flow rate is determined by the size/wattage of the bulb = exposure time. The size of the bulb is determined by the size of the aquarium. 25 watt is oversized for a 30 gallon. Not that that’s a bad thing in terms of ick management

OP
OP
Tom nhia

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The amount of flow rate is determined by the size/wattage of the bulb = exposure time. The size of the bulb is determined by the size of the aquarium. 25 watt is oversized for a 30 gallon. Not that that’s a bad thing in terms of ick management
Yeah its one of the reason i got the 25w and decided to try to tun it for ick management. Main reason i got it is because someone was selling it for dirty cheap, "free" because it didn't work but cost me about $150 for the bulb, an off brand transformer and gas to pick up compared to $400 brand new.

I couldnt quite find the exposure time, theres a lot of numbers to understand haha

OP
OP
Tom nhia

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember seeing the recommended flow for a 75g using the 25w, it was something along the line of 1100. Im assuming going that fast for a 30 is just as fine but wouldnt slower be better for a small tank to really get exposure time or would there be diminishing return

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned the wattage of bulb determines the gph=exposure time. On a 25 watt for parasites you could go up to 150 gph.
Uv sterilization does just that. It doesn’t kill ick, it sterilizes it, leaving it unable to reproduce. It also only sterilizes what actually passes through the sterilizer. Good for ick management but it’s not a cure

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing the recommended flow for a 75g using the 25w, it was something along the line of 1100. Im assuming going that fast for a 30 is just as fine but wouldnt slower be better for a small tank to really get exposure time or would there be diminishing return

It’s total dose not single dose. In a circulating system the flow rate is not that critical. Don’t over think it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back