UV on a closed loop

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
1,536
Reaction score
888
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on running my UV on a closed loop and I am wondering if I can change the flow rate every 12 hours for parasitic control and algae control. Would only 12 hours/day be effective for either application?
 
why not just leave it on the slower flow rate and achieve both at the same time..
 
I'm planning on running my UV on a closed loop and I am wondering if I can change the flow rate every 12 hours for parasitic control and algae control. Would only 12 hours/day be effective for either application?
Yes, it would still be effective, and yes, it can be done. Unless you have a large tank and undersized UV I am not sure why I would bother though (unless, like I said, you need to speed up the flow to filter a larger amount of water).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new