OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16 to start. Once it starts to darken increase 2 hours every day. 22 hours max. I had mine at 22 hours within 2 weeks.
Thanks! I think I figured out the flow to my sump. I turned everything off again and noticed that for some reason, I had a lot more room left this time around, so I filled it back up. I'm getting plenty of flow now, but my return pump is almost all the way up and there's still a ton of water in my sump. I think it's due to all of the stupid 90s. Going to work on that when I get a chance.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I think I figured out the flow to my sump. I turned everything off again and noticed that for some reason, I had a lot more room left this time around, so I filled it back up. I'm getting plenty of flow now, but my return pump is almost all the way up and there's still a ton of water in my sump. I think it's due to all of the stupid 90s. Going to work on that when I get a chance.
Gentle bends are better than 90s but the fact of the matter is that you will be lucky to get 25% of the rated flow no matter what you do.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back