UV plumbing

8934729379

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Messages
193
Reaction score
129
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just got a new lifegard UV. I'm using tubing for it besides the PVC adapter that adds a 3/4 inch barb. My question is, can I just put this in or do I need PVC glue between the UV and pvc fitting.

Pictures attached

17194270043697241427274119110874.jpg 17194270149021984429095952448190.jpg
 
Those are designed for glue to prevent leaks, but I have used teflon tape on PVC without glue for low pressure, temporary connections without problems.

I glued my fittings for my UV, I didn't want the unit to leak when I use it.
 
Hello! I just got a new lifegard UV. I'm using tubing for it besides the PVC adapter that adds a 3/4 inch barb. My question is, can I just put this in or do I need PVC glue between the UV and pvc fitting.

Pictures attached

17194270043697241427274119110874.jpg 17194270149021984429095952448190.jpg
Where did you find the adapter?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new