UV Sterilizer Broke. Do I need it?

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 125g tank and was wondering if I should have a uv sterilizer if I quarantine my fish and fallow my tank.

And if so, what wattage would be ideal as well as flow rate for parasites and flukes for my tank.

I would assume 20 watts with a flow rate of around 125 gph?

Also what are some good uv sterilizers that you could recommend to me if I decide to purchase one as they are pretty expensive.

P.s. No sump.
 
So I have a 125g tank and was wondering if I should have a uv sterilizer if I quarantine my fish and fallow my tank.

And if so, what wattage would be ideal as well as flow rate for parasites and flukes for my tank.

I would assume 20 watts with a flow rate of around 125 gph?

Also what are some good uv sterilizers that you could recommend to me if I decide to purchase one as they are pretty expensive.

P.s. No sump.
I use UV as a safeguard. Not needed and definitely not intended to treat or cure any problem. I run a Pentair UV at their suggested flow rates. Is it effective? I don't know. My experience tells me that it is effective. Perhaps I have just been lucky. Personally, I do not think that I am that good, so I have to attribute some of my successes to something.
 
I use UV as a safeguard. Not needed and definitely not intended to treat or cure any problem. I run a Pentair UV at their suggested flow rates. Is it effective? I don't know. My experience tells me that it is effective. Perhaps I have just been lucky. Personally, I do not think that I am that good, so I have to attribute some of my successes to something.
Lol thanks for the input :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new