UV Sterilizer Broke. Do I need it?

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 125g tank and was wondering if I should have a uv sterilizer if I quarantine my fish and fallow my tank.

And if so, what wattage would be ideal as well as flow rate for parasites and flukes for my tank.

I would assume 20 watts with a flow rate of around 125 gph?

Also what are some good uv sterilizers that you could recommend to me if I decide to purchase one as they are pretty expensive.

P.s. No sump.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 125g tank and was wondering if I should have a uv sterilizer if I quarantine my fish and fallow my tank.

And if so, what wattage would be ideal as well as flow rate for parasites and flukes for my tank.

I would assume 20 watts with a flow rate of around 125 gph?

Also what are some good uv sterilizers that you could recommend to me if I decide to purchase one as they are pretty expensive.

P.s. No sump.
I use UV as a safeguard. Not needed and definitely not intended to treat or cure any problem. I run a Pentair UV at their suggested flow rates. Is it effective? I don't know. My experience tells me that it is effective. Perhaps I have just been lucky. Personally, I do not think that I am that good, so I have to attribute some of my successes to something.

OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use UV as a safeguard. Not needed and definitely not intended to treat or cure any problem. I run a Pentair UV at their suggested flow rates. Is it effective? I don't know. My experience tells me that it is effective. Perhaps I have just been lucky. Personally, I do not think that I am that good, so I have to attribute some of my successes to something.
Lol thanks for the input :)

Back