• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

UV sterilizer for 60+g tank

Treehrtsme

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
957
Reaction score
219
Location
Atlanta GA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never much used them so I don't know what's good, but I'm looking for something that's good bang for your buck that I could potentially plumb on a manifold. I'd prefer to have one pump for the return and another pump for running all my equipment on this build if possible. Preferably something used but not to heavily. I'll be keeping some more disease prone to fish in my newest setup so I figured I'd try UV sterilizer. Should have plenty of room in the tank stand or sump but don't need anything massive.

If anyone has recommendations too that would be great thanks!
 
I can’t give you any comparisons or experience, as I’m new to this. I found an article and went with their recommendation. Price was good. Mine is set up on a Red Sea Reefer 350 (liters). FYI: it is large

Great price, photo below of where I got it from. It did take a little while to arrive, maybe 2 weeks, probably because it was shipped by our illustrious gubmint postal service.

https://aquariumstoredepot.com/blogs/news/best-aquarium-uv-sterilizer



IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_5443.png
 
I have 40w Aqua Uv for sale
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new