UV Sterilizer Install Question

psycjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
8
Location
Wheeler
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to install a Pentair UV sterilizer on my MaxE170 tank with sump. I think this is a common sense question, but I'm going to ask anyway - will I need to add additional saltwater to the system to account for the amount that will sit in the sterilizer loop? I don't want to pull the water level down and then flood in a bunch of RO water.
 
I'm about to install a Pentair UV sterilizer on my MaxE170 tank with sump. I think this is a common sense question, but I'm going to ask anyway - will I need to add additional saltwater to the system to account for the amount that will sit in the sterilizer loop? I don't want to pull the water level down and then flood in a bunch of RO water.
turn off your ATO before turning on the loop for sterelizer.
Fill the water level back to the top with salt water after the UV is running....

Bam, no salinity swing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new