Vacation Checklist by Joey @ TheCoralReefTalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this vacation prep video on Coral Reef Talk's channel this morning, and thought it would be nice to share:

I'd like to add that it is a good idea to have any sort of automation (like the Plank feeder) installed and dialed in at least a week or two before leaving if possible. My rule is to not make changes to my system within a week of leaving. That generally includes any significant maintenance, like water changes. Doing something the night before (or especially the morning of) always seems to invite trouble. A pump will break, water spill, etc.

Any other reef tank vacation prep wisdom?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this vacation prep video on Coral Reef Talk's channel this morning, and thought it would be nice to share:

I'd like to add that it is a good idea to have any sort of automation (like the Plank feeder) installed and dialed in at least a week or two before leaving if possible. My rule is to not make changes to my system within a week of leaving. That generally includes any significant maintenance, like water changes. Doing something the night before (or especially the morning of) always seems to invite trouble. A pump will break, water spill, etc.

Any other reef tank vacation prep wisdom?

I always say get an ato if you don't already have one. That has made leaving my tank for a couple of days a game changer for me

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back