Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am going on vacation for 9 days and I won't be able to feed my corals. I have the lights auto set already for 7 hours a day but I won't be able to feed any coral food to them. I have gonios, a scoly, Euphyllia garden and some zoas. Will they bleach and die?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+10 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+10 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, I am going on vacation for 9 days and I won't be able to feed my corals. I have the lights auto set already for 7 hours a day but I won't be able to feed any coral food to them. I have gonios, a scoly, Euphyllia garden and some zoas. Will they bleach and die?
I was in florida twice since August for a week or more. Both times, the person who watches my tank was not available and I did a water test, which was good so added nothing and shut off ATO to avoid any catastrophes and topped tank as much as I could and left. I left lights at normal schedule and when I returned both times- The tank looked SO good.
If tank is looking good- do nothing. Light feeds their zooxanthellae within and they will thrive.
If needed- do your water changed and even buy a cheap wireless cam to place in front of your tank giving you the ability to view it if you wish to

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
X

xavier08

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in florida twice since August for a week or more. Both times, the person who watches my tank was not available and I did a water test, which was good so added nothing and shut off ATO to avoid any catastrophes and topped tank as much as I could and left. I left lights at normal schedule and when I returned both times- The tank looked SO good.
If tank is looking good- do nothing. Light feeds their zooxanthellae within and they will thrive.
If needed- do your water changed and even buy a cheap wireless cam to place in front of your tank giving you the ability to view it if you wish to
Okay thank you for the reply! I feel less worried about this now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+10 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+10 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay thank you for the reply! I feel less worried about this now.
If any fish, same applies but I do use an auto feeder filling with flakes and pellets and feeding minimum quantity

World Wide Corals
BRS

What are some of the challenges of reefing with a cube?

• Swimming space for fish

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • Smaller front viewing panel

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Adding space between corals

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Flow pattern

Votes: 74 57.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.0%
Ecotech Marine