Vacation

xavier08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am going on vacation for 9 days and I won't be able to feed my corals. I have the lights auto set already for 7 hours a day but I won't be able to feed any coral food to them. I have gonios, a scoly, Euphyllia garden and some zoas. Will they bleach and die?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, I am going on vacation for 9 days and I won't be able to feed my corals. I have the lights auto set already for 7 hours a day but I won't be able to feed any coral food to them. I have gonios, a scoly, Euphyllia garden and some zoas. Will they bleach and die?
I was in florida twice since August for a week or more. Both times, the person who watches my tank was not available and I did a water test, which was good so added nothing and shut off ATO to avoid any catastrophes and topped tank as much as I could and left. I left lights at normal schedule and when I returned both times- The tank looked SO good.
If tank is looking good- do nothing. Light feeds their zooxanthellae within and they will thrive.
If needed- do your water changed and even buy a cheap wireless cam to place in front of your tank giving you the ability to view it if you wish to

OP
OP
X

xavier08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in florida twice since August for a week or more. Both times, the person who watches my tank was not available and I did a water test, which was good so added nothing and shut off ATO to avoid any catastrophes and topped tank as much as I could and left. I left lights at normal schedule and when I returned both times- The tank looked SO good.
If tank is looking good- do nothing. Light feeds their zooxanthellae within and they will thrive.
If needed- do your water changed and even buy a cheap wireless cam to place in front of your tank giving you the ability to view it if you wish to
Okay thank you for the reply! I feel less worried about this now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay thank you for the reply! I feel less worried about this now.
If any fish, same applies but I do use an auto feeder filling with flakes and pellets and feeding minimum quantity

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back