Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's me again; I want a Valentini puffer in a 40b. Looking for advice on what else to put with it. In the poll you can select more than one option; I should say now, and will probably say again later, only one fish of a type will be in there. For example, if I put in a flame pygmy angel, I will not have the lemon peel, nor the coral beauty.
The current stocking is fire fish and green spot dragonette. CUC will be adjusted as needed for the tank.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's me again; I want a Valentini puffer in a 40b. Looking for advice on what else to put with it. In the poll you can select more than one option; I should say now, and will probably say again later, only one fish of a type will be in there. For example, if I put in a flame pygmy angel, I will not have the lemon peel, nor the coral beauty.
The current stocking is fire fish and green spot dragonette. CUC will be adjusted as needed for the tank.
Honestly any of these are good choices to go with a valentini. Skip the sixline though since you have a mandarin, it will probably starve out the mandarin for pods in a 40 gallon. If you get a fairy, stick to a smaller species like the lubbocks. And stick to 1 dwarf angel.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked off with fish peacefully co-existed with my Valentini puffer. One fish that does not co-exist is the bicolor cleaner wrasse, and there's a better than 99% chance that it will kill the puffer (as mine did).
Thanks. I have a cleaner shrimp but no wrasse there.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly any of these are good choices to go with a valentini. Skip the sixline though since you have a mandarin, it will probably starve out the mandarin for pods in a 40 gallon. If you get a fairy, stick to a smaller species like the lubbocks. And stick to 1 dwarf angel.
Thanks. I'd probably do a quick google in the store when the time comes to buy. A long as I have a general idea of areas to look.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All would be fine. They can and will eat all cuc

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 90 gallon lagoon I have a Valentini that cohabitates with a tomini a blue eyed bristle tooth, a mimic tang a red spot hawk fish a Luna wrasse and the puffer is oblivious to everything other than my hand - which it assumes has food
shoots water in the air to get attention

very mixed reef and no known nipping

no angels in this tank

3E9BB41F-35C8-44F2-867E-A6748988D592.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back