Vectra S2 feed mode?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back story…I’ve been going around with ETM, tried all their fixes, still doesn’t work right and this is the replace pump. The first one would’ntt calibrate, multiple resets, troubleshooting, etc..

I bought a Vectra S2 in July, problems with feed mode not returning to selected speed after it ramps up. Using 48% speed uncalibrated I can’t put my finger in front of the output nozzle of a reefer170. Calibrated and ramps back up after feed mode in Mobius, both ways…the feed button only or the programmed drag and drop schedule, it doesn’t ramp up to 48%, my finger in front of the nozzle isn’t a problem, no water spray, water gently runs over finger. Mobius also does not see the pump in scenes as a device. Anyone else having this problem?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back story…I’ve been going around with ETM, tried all their fixes, still doesn’t work right and this is the replace pump. The first one would’ntt calibrate, multiple resets, troubleshooting, etc..

I bought a Vectra S2 in July, problems with feed mode not returning to selected speed after it ramps up. Using 48% speed uncalibrated I can’t put my finger in front of the output nozzle of a reefer170. Calibrated and ramps back up after feed mode in Mobius, both ways…the feed button only or the programmed drag and drop schedule, it doesn’t ramp up to 48%, my finger in front of the nozzle isn’t a problem, no water spray, water gently runs over finger. Mobius also does not see the pump in scenes as a device. Anyone else having this problem?
When you calibrate the pump does it ”reset” the controller so that at max flow (calibrated) the controller will show 100%?

OP
OP
DHill6

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both pumps only show 75%. They never showed 100%. I got the Mobius app when it was available to everyone. Two days ago ‘blue’ shows up in scenes. Today another word showed up. Following ETM video, I set the newest word to ‘feed’ in scenes, the Vectra pump finally showed up as well. Strange, I’ve been going around with them for a few weeks, now the part that was missing in scenes shows up. It seems to be working under the scenes mode now. Either Mobius is very buggy or they have a problem?

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both pumps only show 75%. They never showed 100%. I got the Mobius app when it was available to everyone. Two days ago ‘blue’ shows up in scenes. Today another word showed up. Following ETM video, I set the newest word to ‘feed’ in scenes, the Vectra pump finally showed up as well. Strange, I’ve been going around with them for a few weeks, now the part that was missing in scenes shows up. It seems to be working under the scenes mode now. Either Mobius is very buggy or they have a problem?
So did you ever get this working properly?

I decided to add an S2 to my system for the UV pump. I run an M2 as my return w/reactor manifold.
M2 worked great, as expected with everything.After adding the S2, I troubleshooted when it wasn’t hitting feed mode ETM support went through resetting/removing. I basically get one fix from there support I can try per day, because I work when they work so I get to try the useless fixes in the evening when I get home.

i can’t even get them to renter feed mode via controller. I can control speed through mobius l, and they are no longer “dirty “ when I run the reports in troubleshooting.

I’m just going and digging up old threads of people with multiple vectras to see if there is even any success, yours was the first I came across.

cheers

Edit: well I feel silly, but within mobius it does seem pretty optional to conduct the pump calibration. Skipping it was causing me to not be able to run feed mode. Once that was done problem was gone.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back