Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's also the Platax orbicularis:

PlataxOrbicularisJuvDachalan.jpg
CP_batfish0002.jpg

And Platax teira:

tieraBatfish1.jpg

But just a FYI, no batfish is reef safe. They will even eat crustaceans once they get big. :eek:

clekchau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain bro , I lost 95% of my fish to a bacterial infection, this was after a 2 month quarantine.

So now you are thinking of not going reef but fowlr?

OP
OP
charleslotz

charleslotz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No have to much sps to fowlr, ....I would have kept the bats with sps. In the end decided to go with angels again... Why,... I just have a real love for these fish and have the most experience with angels I suppose.... I will not do emperer again after flossom and have decided to try another..... So after going through my fish book with my 10 year old son, Trying to avoid same spiecies we decided on 2xregal , 1xmajestic, and the big boy will be a blue face. I know nothing exciting ,... Rare, challenging or big money,but I think I made a good choice .... And would get the most joy out of those fish,... I'll leave the challenging work to those more experienced. I will also do a large school of Goldies or queen , as second quarintine run.

Ordered the Angels today (aporox same size 5 inch and one smaller regal). For Saturday delivery. In the end I'm happy with my choice and no better way for me to enjoy the hobby than with my son participation

OP
OP
charleslotz

charleslotz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are in main tank no treatment , observation method ,... Anyway all doing great tank is running strong and fish doing well I should be velvet free now... As the system was fish free I added everything together in the main tank as to many fish in quarintine and wanted to add the Angels at the same time. Was afraid it would be a shock to the system , with the bio load but for 1000 gallon is was and till today is ok ,... Carefully monitored parameters including amonia badge with slow increase in feeding ... . No new cycle .... I have 100gallon tub for quarintine with Cp ready ...

So i am using my display as quarintine ,... Second week and all ok touch wood... If I get ick or velvet outbrake again I will start over again... This time I'm ready to save every fish...

Fish list ;

Majestic angel
Blue face angel
2 Regals ,... Both indo... All angels are about 4-5 inch.
Yellow tang -old
Hippo tang
Aptasia File fish -old
Chromis
2 yellow tail damsel
8 line wrasse -old
Pair bonded pipe fish -old
6line wrasse -old
Ramrod wrasse
Yellow tail wrasse-old
Pair gobies
Pair of clowns unusual pair ... Black and orange nemo (already mix) Female,.... with gold stipe maroon male... They already started cleaning a rock for eggs ......I hope.

200 gallon refurgium...
Dwarf gold moray,..
Tamato clowns for the carpets ....

Will add 10-20 goldies , in 2-3 months time and will get my bandit back in couple months from friends safe keeping to try and add.

Everything added at the same time ,.... No fighting no issues excepting some sps picking but this is expected angels are hungry,..Saturday I will feed full feeding of frozen ,.... And most important no spots!

Will ADD SOME PICS , BUT FOR NOW SUN IS SETTING .... TO BLUE FOR GOOD PICS.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update! Waiting for those pics!

OP
OP
charleslotz

charleslotz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before ---- sorry about the quality .

Breakdown

Fishless

Today ... Movement yay...

Light :9x ai
Movement x2 gyre 150 and 2x mp40's.
Return 2x dc 150000 with the new swivel return heads
Display 8' 400 gallon,
Settlement dark 250gallon 8x marine pure blocks
Refurgium 250 gallon 4x mars led's
Sump +- 100 gallon
Skimmer sss6000 two neck extensions , extra feed pump and neck cleaner with tlf co2 scrubber.
Geo - gfo and carbon reactor.
Geo 624 calcium reactor electronic doser , plus vinegar dosing , and Kalk dosing + pols extra special dosing.
Controller is reef keeper for refurgium and top off ,.. And ghl 3 for the rest ....
Alk- 7.5, calcium 450, magnesium 1350.... no3 1-5 and po4 0.01.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back