Vendor discussion

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is a vendor that is not a sponsor or is not on R2R supposed to know about or respond to a thread in Vendor Feedback?

Very few companies are oblivious to their online reputation; even if they themselves do not monitor the outlets their customers respond on, they have paid a firm to do so.

Also if you look from a possible customer perspective the cleanliness of these threads allows one to quickly read and move to the next, tally up the positive vs the negative. Did the vendor “make it right?” When i purchase on amazon i do not just look at the overall rating i read those 1 star reviews and read only those. Being able to read 1 at a time allows me to gauge the usefulness of the review. If there were 100 different voices in each review i would find this cumbersome personally.

*added a coma [emoji23]

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very few companies are oblivious to their online reputation; even if they themselves do not monitor the outlets their customers respond on, they have paid a firm to do so.

Also if you look from a possible customer perspective the cleanliness of these threads allows one to quickly read and move to the next, tally up the positive vs the negative. Did the vendor “make it right?” When i purchase on amazon i do not just look at the overall rating i read those 1 star reviews and read only those. Being able to read 1 at a time allows me to gauge the usefulness of the review. If there were 100 different voices in each review i would find this cumbersome personally.

*added a coma [emoji23]
True. the problem (to me) is that the greatest percentage of 'feedback' for each vendor in the forum is 'negative' not positive. The positive feedback is left in whatever thread it was posted. My point is that ALL vendor feedback should either be in the thread for the vendor or in the vendor feedback section - currently moderators move negative comments to vendor feedback - and leave positives in the vendors thread... Seems a bit of consistency is in order?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back