Verified great coral sellers thread

ojhfklsjhl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reef friends :)

I know there is already a seller feedback forum, but that forum has feedback for all different types of sellers and it's difficult to scroll through all of them. I think if would be very help for many of us to make a thread that documents all of the good coral sellers we have dealt with. We can go through people's suggestions and have a summary once in a while. This will make it much easier for buyers to find good sellers with the types of coral they are looking for, and this will give good sellers the credit and advertisement they deserve :)

To make this thread more readable. I will lay out some rules, but please PM me for suggestions and I can make the changes:

1. Recommenders please only recommend sellers that you have personally dealt with.
2. Recommenders please be specific about the coral you purchased perferrably at least specify something like micromussa or torch instead of just saying SPS or LPS.
3. Recommenders please be specific about why you are recommending the seller.
4. All please try to reply to a specific message directly if you have a comment to it. All original messages should be recommendations.

I will first recommend two sellers:

Seller: uvaduthie
Purchase: High-end zoas (hephaestus, death star etc.)
Reasons for recommendation: Very professional shipping. Very nice packaging. Very fair price.

Seller: Coral Bros
Purchase: Mid to high-end zoas (GMK, AOI etc.)
Reasons for recommendation: Very fast and easy communication. Very fair price.

OP
OP
ojhfklsjhl

ojhfklsjhl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller: Toky916
Purchase: Exosphere frag and Jawbreaker mushroom.
Reason for recommendation: fast communication, good prices, and everything is packaged well.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few:
Aquacorals
Aqua SD (not sure how "under the radar" this one is - seems like others have mentioned them here before)
*The Coral Farm

Aqua SD always throw in an extra frag (usually have gotten a decent sized Florida ricordea or a frag of cyphastrea, etc). They have literally THE cleanest frags I've ever received by the way. Literally nothing on them when dipping, and no algae. Excellent packaging. All frags labeled on the bags. Clear water. Great communication. Very fair prices.
I've purchased: lots of mushrooms (discos, ricordea, and a big green hairy mushroom), LPS (hammers), and SPS (I think? branching cyphastrea).

Aquacorals is amazing - the owner is super responsive and sweet. She sells generous sized (literally the biggest I've found) frags and all are on real reef rock, not plugs. (One did introduce GHA to my tank unfortunately, but that was totally my fault because I knew I should have scrubbed the rock, but got lazy). My turbo snails enjoy the algae though even if I don't, haha. She also sells show size corals. I just bought a roughly 12" x 5" combo of branching sinularia and cabbage leather. Going to be a centerpiece in my new tank I'll be moving everything into soon. Got for a crazy good price considering the size! Within a few minutes of receiving my order, she actually called me and emailed me and said if I wanted, she could actually ship it out that day instead of a few days later. That was much appreciated, just didn't work for my schedule. She sells aquacultured corals almost exclusively. She also provides a ton of education on her website AND emails after orders are received to make sure you don't have any issues or questions, and has taken the time to help me with things even weeks/months later!
I've purchased: softies - purple pulsing xenia, white woody clove polyps (have not seen these ANYWHERE else and they're now one of my fav corals in my tank), toadstool (green cap), blue anthelia, and most recently, the combo show piece mentioned above.

Honorable mentions:
For fish - 110% recommend Dr. Reef quarantined fish. Honestly, be prepared to wait (weeks sometimes), BUT it is worth it. Communication has been much better recently (I know a lot of people were annoyed with slow responses in the past, as was I, but he must have hired more help because they've been very responsive lately). Fish are fed frozen mysis and nori with selcon and garlic - so arrive already used to eating what I feed. Very fair pricing for fully quarantined fish (I only buy from my LFS or Dr. Reef, as I only purchase quarantined - just don't feel like having my QT set up every time I get fish and I don't trust myself to do a good job with sensitive species). You do have the option to buy "conditioned" vs "fully quarantined" if you want to save a little money and do it yourself. He'll also source a requested fish for you as well, just ask.
I've purchased: a tomini tang (arrived in perfect condition, quite a bit larger than expected but that was fine with me, eating great, not thin whatsoever, zero illness, packaged VERY well), a baby captive bred yellow tang and a flame hawkfish (those 2 are arriving next week actually). If you reach out, you can add onto an order before it ships, with no extra shipping cost. That's what I did with the flame hawk.

For inverts/CUC - Reef Cleaners, hands down. Mostly I have ordered snails from them, but also a strawberry conch that has become one of my favorite additions. Good packaging, good acclimation instructions, and have only ever had a couple snails arrive DOA (either way, they regularly throw a few extras in to accommodate for possible losses in shipping).

*Disclaimer: I haven't ordered from The Coral Farm yet, but plan to. I try to only purchase aquacultured and that's all they sell. I'll report back after dealing with them! :)

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have had nothing but great transactions here on Reef2Reef. Awesome community of members. I have great success with the sellers below.

Pods- Hollback
Phyto- Eldredge

Corals:
Zoas and LPS - Chad Chapman
Zoas and LPS - AriMiko43
Zoas,LPS, mushrooms, - thatguy
Good variety of corals including gonis - lamoore

3d printed shroud chemisfun11

I get my fish from TSM Aquatics and Dr. Reef QT fish.

Live rocks from TBS

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had nothing but great transactions here on Reef2Reef. Awesome community of members. I have great success with the sellers below.

Pods- Hollback
Phyto- Eldredge

Corals:
Zoas and LPS - Chad Chapman
Zoas and LPS - AriMiko43
Zoas,LPS, mushrooms, - thatguy
Good variety of corals including gonis - lamoore

3d printed shroud chemisfun11

I get my fish from TSM Aquatics and Dr. Reef QT fish.

Live rocks from TBS
Forgot about where to get pods and phyto! I get mine from AlgaeBarn. :)

Back