Vermetid snail killer

IAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a bunch of vermetids that snuck in on some frogspawn a while back. They spread all over. Someone recommended bumblebee snails a few months ago, so I put 3 in a Nuvo 40, and now I don’t see any remnants of the vermetids snails. All are gone. Just a heads up to anyone battling them!

Top Shelf Aquatics
Mega Meltdown After Sale
OP
I

IAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Do they eat vermitid snail spikes/stalks too or just killing them?
Stalks gone too... Was worried they would eat all the Coraline but it’s good and growing. The 3 bumblebee snails are still in my tank. Sometimes I see them all grouped up attacking something, but it’s never been a coral

TriggerFinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have any before and after pics? I see these recommended all the time but never saw anyone say they actually worked! That’s great! I have vermetids too and they’re getting worse

OP
I

IAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have any before and after pics? I see these recommended all the time but never saw anyone say they actually worked! That’s great! I have vermetids too and they’re getting worse
I never took pics of them. I can post an after pic tomorrow, lights are off for the night. When I first noticed them, it was just around the base of frogspawn. Then they were everywhere. If I fed anything I’d see spiderwebs of their strings catching the food. I smashed them with needle nose, surgical dental picks, and they just reproduced. 3 simple bumblebee snails in my 40 gallon took care of it.

Mega Meltdown After Sale

IntuMarine1G

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a pretty bad outbreak of these right now and I bought bumblee bees. I think I currently have between 4-6 snails. Ive only ever seen one over a vermitid spike? There are however a few spikes that no longer seem to be casting webs. Does this mean they have been killed?

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve never seen one 1/4” in diameter? Length yes, but definitely not diameter
These are the ones that cause all the problems. I just pulled them out of my overflow.

I never had a problem with the thin ones. They stayed in the shadows and were great at filtering the water. The larger ones cast a wide net irritating everything around it.

TOP 3 Ingredients for an AMAZING Reef Tank? (pick 3)

• Proper Lighting

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Substrate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Aquascape

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • Filtration

Votes: 105 16.4%
  • Livestock

Votes: 44 6.9%
  • Water Chemistry

Votes: 340 53.2%