Versa Performance Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to set up a 30 gallon frag tank for coral quarantine. This tank will have very minimal equipment on it. I am hoping for just a heater, return pump, and light. I am hoping to use the versas to circumvent the need for any dosing on the frag tank by using display tank waste water.

For my display tank I am planning on performing continuous waterchange with the versa pumps. How viable is it to use the versas to pump "waste"water to the frag tank and then use another versa to pump "frag waste" water to a drain? Properly calibrated, are the versas accurate enough for this application? It would be very annoying to have the tank either slowly empy or slowly drain over time even when the pumps are set to the same rate.

I was planning on doing 20 gallon/week continuous waterchange.

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the versa pumps for AWC on two different tanks. One does 10.5 gallons a week (1.5) gallons a day, and the other does 14 gallons a week (2 gallons a day). Weekly I check them for accuaracy and they have never been off and I have never had a problem. Both have incredibly long runs with a lot of vertically and horizontal runs. I would say you have no worries for your application

Cain310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to set up a 30 gallon frag tank for coral quarantine. This tank will have very minimal equipment on it. I am hoping for just a heater, return pump, and light. I am hoping to use the versas to circumvent the need for any dosing on the frag tank by using display tank waste water.

For my display tank I am planning on performing continuous waterchange with the versa pumps. How viable is it to use the versas to pump "waste"water to the frag tank and then use another versa to pump "frag waste" water to a drain? Properly calibrated, are the versas accurate enough for this application? It would be very annoying to have the tank either slowly empy or slowly drain over time even when the pumps are set to the same rate.

I was planning on doing 20 gallon/week continuous waterchange.

So you need 3 versas at least one to supply water to display 1 to drain water to frag and one to drain water from frag to drain.

probably should go with a 4 pack.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back