Versa pump randomly stopped connecting to Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

burningedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a versa 4 base station. All of a sudden, one of the pumps won't connect to mobius. I've tried pressing the button on the base station that is above that pump three times and holding down the button on the third press but it doesn't reset. I've tried unplugging the base station. Nothing happens. What can I do? The base station is mounted. Ecotech mentions a red reset button for the base station. I can't find it.

I've had so many issues with Mobius. Half the time I go to troubleshooting, verify settings, some of my devices don't connect. I've had to reset one of Radion Gen 5 XR-15s like 10 times because it sometimes won't connect. Why can't Ecotech fix this? Why is this so hard? Currently, I have no idea how much is actually being dosed into my system because if a versa is randomly not connected, it doesn't dose. So angry.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it work if you directly connect?

Go to Settings -> Devices

let it time out, click on the device, scroll to the bottom and select connect directly.

It should work after that. My Versa pump that I use for my ato does this every time because it's power is controlled by my hydrofill. My guess is that it can never join that Bluetooth network because of that. I usually don't go in there so it's not a big deal.

That said it's pretty unacceptable that there isn't a wifi chip in these products. Bluetooth is a great concept but we should have both. If my $50 govee light strip can do it, so should my incredibly expensive high end reef gear.

Last edited:

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it work if you directly connect?

Go to Settings -> Devices

let it time out, click on the device, scroll to the bottom and select connect directly.

It should work after that. My Versa pump that I use for my ato does this every time because it's power is controlled by my hydrofill. My guess is that it can never join that Bluetooth network because of that. I usually don't go in there so it's not a big deal.

That said it's pretty unacceptable that there isn't a wifi chip in these products. Bluetooth is a great concept but we should have both. If my $50 govee light strip can do it, so should my incredibly expensive high end reef gear.
Why would they ever do something as convenient as making it WiFi capable? Then you wouldn’t buy an APEX and MXM module to gain WiFi connectivity. Aperture has it all figured out.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back