Vertex Omega 150 Protein Skimmer Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever ... my app on my phone is not working correctly, and I am sorry my work calls for me to take care of our retired veterans as their nurse and all my focus goes to them . Say what you want and will ! But when I am at work my focus goes to the residents that I am taking care of as their nurse. I am sorry I can’t get access to my phone or computer to check R2R consistency like maybe others do. But if one is not a nurse you may not understand. All I am really wanting to say is why can’t a simple PM be included for the winner at the time of the drawing. It is not much more work to send a PM , and thank you revhtree for not responding to my PM .

I’m sorry you keep throwing he fact that you are a nurse around, most if not all of us work. Honestly you sound like your whining man. It stinks but come on

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yes we will be discussing what steps we might take to ensure this doesn't happen again. But even then there will still be a way for someone to say that we were unfair. But we can try.

I am sure there will be , as it was to me this weekend . But all you all higher ups can do is try and that’s all I wanted to ask . I understand that I not goin to get the skimmer

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also want to say that we absolutely hate having a situation where a winner whose name was drawn doesn't get the prize. We really do our very best to be fair. @Clayton Jessup, I'm very sorry that this has happened. Man, I hate it more than you know. It's a very hard balance to find in staying fair to the rules with our desire to make everyone happy. I do want you to know that this definitely wasn't a personal slight in any way, and I honestly wish there was a way to be fair to the other entries and avoid you being disappointed in this. It truly sucks because we really hope these contests will be highlights for our community and be something that shows that we really do value our community because we REALLY DO value all of you guys! In any case, I want to say how sorry I am that this has happened in this way. I truly do my best to make the drawings fair in how we handle the winning announcements.

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First let me say that I am very sorry for this frustration. secondly let me say that I'm honestly take aback by the way you are conducting yourself. Very unlike you. Since you have been so vocal in the public and quite honestly trying to bully us into changing our minds I can tell you publicly that this decision will stand. But I will also tell you that we will consider the input from you and other members here to think about how we might revise our approach to announcing winners of our contests. When your name is tagged, as it was, you are alerted via the user control panel. You were personally alerted you just didn't check the forum which is not our fault at all. Again I am sorry that you missed out on this prize but we are not at fault in this situation.
I am sorry Rev, but the android app hasn't worked properly with notification ever. The simple fact that you cannot PM someone as the winner is very disappointing. Why wouldn't someone be vocal when they thought they won all weekend due to lack of response from r2r, then didn't. Just a shame that he had to wait all weekend to even get a response from r2r. if work is not a valid excuse then why is it ok for r2r to wait all weekend to even respond, shouldnt r2r be held to the same or similar respjnse rules. I understand It was more than 48hrs for r2r to respond from my understanding. So it should work both ways. I understand rules are rules, but frankly rules are supposed to be in place to keep order not disrupt it.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry Rev, but the android app hasn't worked properly with notification ever. The simple fact that you cannot PM someone as the winner is very disappointing. Why wouldn't someone be vocal when they thought they won all weekend due to lack of response from r2r, then didn't. Just a shame that he had to wait all weekend to even get a response from r2r. if work is not a valid excuse then why is it ok for r2r to wait all weekend to even respond, shouldnt r2r be held to the same or similar respjnse rules. I understand It was more than 48hrs for r2r to respond from my understanding. So it should work both ways. I understand rules are rules, but frankly rules are supposed to be in place to keep order not disrupt it.

The app is not run by R2R it is tapatalk. R2R has nothing to do with the app, it’s updates or how it works. The pm received by the original winner was sent past the 48hr deadline, the response to this pm has nothing to do with it. As Rev said it’s a bad situation all around but the decision stands. There is no reason to keep dragging this out.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely would recommend prize draw dates , so people can enter reminders in their calendars to check who won.
We actually have a solution in the works for this kind of situation that I think will be helpful. :) It's something that we were actually working on even before today, and I hope it will be super helpful to 1) keep drawing dates set and 2) provide an easy way for people to get reminders of the day the drawing will happen.

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually have a solution in the works for this kind of situation that I think will be helpful. :) It's something that we were actually working on even before today, and I hope it will be super helpful to 1) keep drawing dates set and 2) provide an easy way for people to get reminders of the day the drawing will happen.
I like the idea of dates, that is a good thing for sure

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be awesome, good idea

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is not run by R2R it is tapatalk. R2R has nothing to do with the app, it’s updates or how it works. The pm received by the original winner was sent past the 48hr deadline, the response to this pm has nothing to do with it. As Rev said it’s a bad situation all around but the decision stands. There is no reason to keep dragging this out.
It's not that we are dragging it out, or trying to change the decision. It is the fact that I don't want this to happen to me and would like various forms of communication to ensure I get the said prize. That's all

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to say that we absolutely hate having a situation where a winner whose name was drawn doesn't get the prize. We really do our very best to be fair. @Clayton Jessup, I'm very sorry that this has happened. Man, I hate it more than you know. It's a very hard balance to find in staying fair to the rules with our desire to make everyone happy. I do want you to know that this definitely wasn't a personal slight in any way, and I honestly wish there was a way to be fair to the other entries and avoid you being disappointed in this. It truly sucks because we really hope these contests will be highlights for our community and be something that shows that we really do value our community because we REALLY DO value all of you guys! In any case, I want to say how sorry I am that this has happened in this way. I truly do my best to make the drawings fair in how we handle the winning announcements.

It just really sucks , the first contest I actually win on on R2R I couldn’t calm. I just wished I would of gotten a PM cuz I really think it would of saved me . But it is what it is now , but all I ask is that please PM the new winner so that it does not happen to them , or on theses contest in general, just let the winner have a PM so that they get the email or notification. That they have won .. that’s all I ask from here on out .

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It just really sucks , the first contest I actually win on on R2R I couldn’t calm. I just wished I would of gotten a PM cuz I really think it would of saved me . But it is what it is now , but all I ask is that please PM the new winner so that it does not happen to them , or on theses contest in general, just let the winner have a PM so that they get the email or notification. That they have won .. that’s all I ask from here on out .
I hear ya. I do want to be clear that you were not the odd man out in the way you were informed. We have never made it a practice to pm any of the winners in any of our previous contests, so I don't want you to think that we usually would have done this and just (for whatever reason) chose not to inform you...that's definitely not the case. We tag all winners in the thread which generates an alert through the site. However, we will definitely take this suggestion into consideration on future contests (we also have some additional ideas that should help with this as well).

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, everyone. Let's try to change the tone of this thread back to what it could/should be. :) We will be drawing the new winner soon! If anyone wants to continue to make suggestions about how we can make the contest system better, I want to ask you guys to start a thread in the forum feedback area (Here's the link).

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely would recommend prize draw dates , so people can enter reminders in their calendars to check who won.
I put the draw dates in my calendar and check them for this reason. The drawings don't always fall on the anticipated dates but at least I don't miss them. By the way, I farm, ranch, and sell commodities plus I have two small children. That being said I find time in a 48 hour window to check around drawing dates. I would hate to have missed a drawing I won. That being said, I wouldn't complain and blame a forum that is offering me free stuff for my negligence.

ericbost23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the draw dates in my calendar and check them for this reason. The drawings don't always fall on the anticipated dates but at least I don't miss them. By the way, I farm, ranch, and sell commodities plus I have two small children. That being said I find time in a 48 hour window to check around drawing dates. I would hate to have missed a drawing I won. That being said, I wouldn't complain and blame a forum that is offering me free stuff for my negligence.
Wow I'm not the only farming reefer. ...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back