• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very sad experience with fellow member McREEFER

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in Chicago since the 18th on business and just wanted to give an update, ZIP ZERO NADA from mr. MCREEFER. maybe one day he becomes a man, I will be rooting for him. Doing the right thing can become habit forming once you start doing it.........

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, nothing zip NADA. Please use caution if you engage in any kind of trade with this guy, gives our community a bad name.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow!! really shocked that there still hasnt even been a response. Edzo im sorry you had to deal with this. What ever happened to keeping your word?

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow!! really shocked that there still hasnt even been a response. Edzo im sorry you had to deal with this. What ever happened to keeping your word?

When you boil it down it all you have. I know it's not a million dollars, it's just the principal. This guy told me all about this LFS in his home town that snaked him out of a diving camera then he does this? Almost feels like a setup. He was very afraid of "getting ripped off". Then he does just that to me. Like I mentioned, just contact me and I'm sure we can work it out.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard from this great guy and not surprisingly after WEEKS he now has a completely different version of the transaction. I cannot show his private pm but here is my response to him.

Last conversation we had you were shipping it back first thing Monday!! You never said that? And no, it was not broken. I was beyond patient and waited and waited while you sorted through it until ultimately I said let's forget it, send it back. You tried to change the deal, I was not on board and said ship it back. YOU SAID OK, FIRST THING MONDAY! So be a man and do what you said you would otherwise keep your distorted version to yourself. I really don't care how you justify keeping my stuff. Grow up kid

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was getting roasted I don't think I'm waiting weeks and weeks to finally send the other guy a private pm to sort it out. And no, he's still not offering to return it. He now claims to have money invested in my equipment and therefore it is his? So let's review, I ship him an mp10 without a power supply in which he was aware and now I have nothing? Yes McREEFER, you are completely justified. Please convince yourself that you can fly alsoand hop off a bridge

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep the responses between the two parties involved. Also, please do not post private conversations.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Thizz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets just say that Mcreefer will soon be hit with nearly 25 million pps:bounce:

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep the responses between the two parties involved. Also, please do not post private conversations.

I agree. Respectfully I think this should be handled in private from now on.

12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I would agree with you glb, this thread was created after weeks of private messages going unanswered. This was a last resort that the other member was made aware of prior to posting yet he refused respond or communicate in any way. I simply do not like getting taken, doubt much anyone does for that matter.

Armand9601

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one appreciate the information,while I hope McReefer does the right thing it seems highly unlikely. Thank you Edzo for bringing this unethical behavior to light & saving the rest of us from making the same mistake

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one appreciate the information,while I hope McReefer does the right thing it seems highly unlikely. Thank you Edzo for bringing this unethical behavior to light & saving the rest of us from making the same mistake

Fair enough. But after informing the forum of the problem, IMHO the continued discussion makes it less likely that the problem will be resolved.

12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since a staff member has already warned everyone to keep all posts strictly between the two involved parties...and since non-involved parties continue to post, this thread is now closed.

Edzo, as an personal explanation to you, Vendor and Member Feedback threads are meant for feedback of transactions between members. When negative or less than positive feedback takes place, as with this thread, the two parties are welcome to attempt to work it out, through our Feedback forum. However, we do not allow non-involved members to comment. If the thread is held in a respectful manner, no manner the outcome, the thread remains visible to all, which can act as a warning to others.

As an explanation as to how this thread got to page 3, with so many non-involved member comments, staff doesn't read every thread made and sometimes threads slip through the cracks. Once a potential issue is reported to staff members, we do our best to act quickly.

This thread will remain closed and the non-involved member comments will most likely all be removed. Edzo, you are welcome to request that this thread be removed from view and that you be allowed to start another thread however, it will have to remain free of uninvolved member comments. Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back