Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, nothing but that amazing beautiful color. [emoji53]
Get the tiniest one you can. Add it after everything else.

Charming personality (sarcasm) doesn't begin to describe it.

Yellow coris wrasse (and it's white bellied close cousin) and the Pyramid butterfly (reef safe) and yellow longnose butterfly (probably not too reef safe) bicolor angelfish (not reef safe) are some of the best bright yellows available.

Some of the pretty, but not nearly as pretty, are yellow damsels (when older), YWG, Clown goby (male eats the base of SPS in preparation for breeding) yellow assessor (hides a lot, basslets can be horribly shy, to the point of not getting any food)

Guess which color I like best?
[emoji846]
Man, how could I forget about foxface??

Does anyone else have a yellow fish they love?

U

User1

View Badges
Man, how could I forget about foxface??

Yellow? Azure is probably the brightest yellow I have in my tank with the Foxface being a close second. My Foxface likes to alter his/her color throughout the day for some reason with different shades of yellow on the main boxy and darker colors up top. I do like yellow tangs but went with a Scopus and Lavender instead because I wanted more aggressive algae eaters (not that the yellow isn't I've just had better luck with these two).

I believe I'm going to buy one of the Canary deep water damsels next time I see them. I still need a few more corals to fill out the tank (actually a lot) and those that I have to mature more. Once that is done I'll be a bit more aggressive and get that damsel, maybe a Starcki, and a few others to add in.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone knows I love my yellow Midas Blenny, but sometimes he may be orange, pink, purple or blue as well.
5BE9370D-277A-4E58-8D2D-4F45CC4B5B90.jpeg

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all great yellow fish. I think a yellow tang added later would be great. But I want a purple tang too so I need to decide.
PT is another goodie. Mine is older than my son who is a junior in college.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a 1.75" purple tang to a 2.25" yellow tang.
Kept "pointing the finger" at the yellow so it wouldn't hurt the purple. (Yes, lol, I do realize that sounds utterly insane. [emoji846] Some [definitely not all] fish species are smarter than we realize. Anything aggressive can recognize when something larger and more aggressive is angry with it.)
Yellow got so gun shy, and purple fleshed out, then fattened up.
Again on the insanity scale, [emoji6], you could recognize purple understanding he was "not it". He milked it for all it was worth the 1st few weeks.
6 weeks later, the smaller purple had aggravated yellow to the point of dying. Yellow was eating and looked ok the day before, but was dead on the bottom the next morning.

We returned the purple to the LFS this week. Used the new small yellow, still in the bag, to net the purple.
New small skinny yellow tang is filling out nicely.
This will be the only tang for our 75 gallon tank. [emoji53]

In a 180 you should be able to have several of the smaller tangs that get along.

Check with 4fordfamily and hotrocks for successful tank stuffing suggestions. [emoji846]
Not sure if you added a 3rd and a 4th tang at the same time if purple and yellow would work in a larger tank.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sad news about my son. He has severe scoliosis and will need an almost complete spine spinal fusion and rods. We are in shock and processing everything the surgeon said.

I have sad news about my son. He has severe scoliosis and will need an almost complete spine spinal fusion and rods. We are in shock and processing everything the surgeon said.
so sorry to hear this. Thoughts with you all. Hopefully its a good prognosis for post surgery recovery and quality of life pain free and as few limitations as possible

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sorry to hear this. Thoughts with you all. Hopefully its a good prognosis for post surgery recovery and quality of life pain free and as few limitations as possible
Thank you. It is so heart breaking to think of your children having such devestating physical ailments.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My boy had scoliosis, he wore a body jacket to keep him straight, I'm sure things have moved on from 20 years ago, Simon best wishes to you! :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't even process it right now in my mind. With everything you and your family have already been through this is a very tough break.
And @Brew12 The Breaker GFCI flipped, I reset it. So that narrows the faulty equipment down to the new UV light or the old MJ pump.
image.jpg
If those are the only two things on the breaker it does have to be one or the other. To test it you need to find a way to short the water to ground while either the UV or MJ pump is running. A ground probe does this if you have one. Otherwise, a wire with one end in the tank and the other to a grounded metal surface will work.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't even comprehend how you are feeling right now. I am here if you need a mom friend.:(

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back