OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my sump improvements. I have starting watching the marketplace for a used sump, but I think I am going to be better off altering mine.
So I emptied the sump, begged my husband to move my old sump into place and modify the plumbing to fit.
Then I will add some baffles and sock holder with a proper lid. and probably one more black baffle to block light. pictures to come

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my sump improvements. I have starting watching the marketplace for a used sump, but I think I am going to be better off altering mine.
So I emptied the sump, begged my husband to move my old sump into place and modify the plumbing to fit.
Then I will add some baffles and sock holder with a proper lid. and probably one more black baffle to block light. pictures to come
I'm curious to see what changes you are making.

I'm also curious to know how you are feeling and if you had a good Thanksgiving? Any updates on the vertigo?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a great Thanksgiving, thank you.
The vertigo is still present everyday, but it seems to be little episodes of the world spinning for a little bit. It still sucks but it is so much better than it was.
I am planning to drop the water level, copy a more typical drain that flows into a small chamber then up over a weir and into socks. With a tight lid over that area to block splashing. My current sump is 48"L x 18"W x 20"H . So a great size

There is a local used skimz sump that I am eyeballing. But it is small. 36" x 15" x 15".

The sump is now traded to the old sump.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also moved my frogspawn. Here is is ticked off.
IMG_4749.JPG

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your kitchen QT -- you are a brilliant woman. I'm trying to think of a way to talk my husband into it. I haven't even brought it up. We currently have our QT in the laundry room along with the catbox and her food dish. We could really use the room in there. We have a tiny corner in the kitchen that has a table too small to sit at that seems to be the location for mail, school papers, my purse and misc library books. It would be the perfect spot.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your kitchen QT -- you are a brilliant woman. I'm trying to think of a way to talk my husband into it. I haven't even brought it up. We currently have our QT in the laundry room along with the catbox and her food dish. We could really use the room in there. We have a tiny corner in the kitchen that has a table too small to sit at that seems to be the location for mail, school papers, my purse and misc library books. It would be the perfect spot.
I am liking it!

U

User1

View Badges
@Victoria M - I was shopping for my better half (also a nurse) and my daughter (in nursing school - so a nurse with training wheels) stockings. I came across this and thought of you right away. If you still have your list going or want to drop a hint that it would be cool - check out Brighton badge clips:

1575654151108.png

1575654110749.png

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Kiddo, Sorry to hear about your vertigo issues.
Hi Jerry, my old friend! I am doing better. I can function now most of the time. I am happy you dropped by to catch up. Do you ever go to the cottage in winter for snow mobiling?

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink streaked wrasse, yellow wrasse, orange spot rabbit, lamarcks angel...any 2-3 of those would be great.
Hi there! I just finished reading your thread! You have done an amazing job of hanging in there and getting back on track! I am following this thread.....I can't wait to see pics of the new fish you get!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back