OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recovery so far is very up and down. He puked for 11 hrs nonstop post op. That was terrible. Terrible. And it injured his neck bc he had to lay flat while puking. Apparently muscle spasm through out your neck, shoulders, hips & groin Is par for the course after this surgery. You can see his muscles jerking and jumping. It is horrible. I bought him a lavender smelling microwave heart shaped pillow thingy and he says it helps his neck.

@saf1 I was a bossy nurse to a resident. I feel a little bad so told my friend about it. She said she hopes it teaches him to assess his pediatric patient, talk to the parents to make a well informed plan of care.
LOL. It made me feel loved to hear her thoughts about it.

U

User1

View Badges
Recovery so far is very up and down. He puked for 11 hrs nonstop post op. That was terrible. Terrible. And it injured his neck bc he had to lay flat while puking. Apparently muscle spasm through out your neck, shoulders, hips & groin Is par for the course after this surgery. You can see his muscles jerking and jumping. It is horrible. I bought him a lavender smelling microwave heart shaped pillow thingy and he says it helps his neck.

@saf1 I was a bossy nurse to a resident. I feel a little bad so told my friend about it. She said she hopes it teaches him to assess his pediatric patient, talk to the parents to make a well informed plan of care.
LOL. It made me feel loved to hear her thoughts about it.

I fully understand the nurse to resident talk :D I hear stories from my nurse wife. Residents and some docs do not have good bedside manors. Then factor in their specialty and it can be amplified by 10. Brilliant as they may be the cost is usually bad people skills. The 1% are truly gifted people when they have the whole package. There are a few and those people I just wonder knowing they can do just about anything. My PA for my hip is like that - she is just amazing.

So you remember the saying, right? Do no harm, take no sh !t :) So your doing great :D Hope all is well and you did do the right thing.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been wondering about his surgery with the whole world upside down. Glad number one is over and went well. Sry to hear about the normal recovery ugggh. Keepin good vibes rockin his way and yours to Mama bear he be in good hands for sure

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been wondering about his surgery with the whole world upside down. Glad number one is over and went well. Sry to hear about the normal recovery ugggh. Keepin good vibes rockin his way and yours to Mama bear he be in good hands for sure
Thank you for the good thoughts and kind words.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already changed the vortech program. To anti sync gyre mode from 0800 to 2350, then a light flow reef crest pattern at night and a nutrient transport mode for an hour. I will monitor for changes. And now we wait...
43061015-70D0-42D6-AFF5-8A0B81B0D1F5.png
57D0AC1A-4994-4549-93BB-4B8EB85CA698.png

BF5AC09C-B65F-49E7-8610-2FE3A16502C9.png

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Victoria. Hope everyone is doing good

How are you liking mobius? Seems confusing to me
LOL! I like the mobius. It takes me a second or two to remember how it works every time. But it is really pretty cool. Now I just realized that the gyre setting I chose is not actually doing what I want it to do so I have to figure that out.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and you may remember that I raised my lights by 4 inches or maybe it was 6? I dont remember for sure but either way. After 3 months I did not notice an improvement and maybe saw some stretching of a quick growing paly so I moved them back to my original height.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 110 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back