OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a pump to improve my water change process. I like how the intake is at the bottom. That should help to get the last couple gallons out of the Brute container. Could be bad for mixing the salt up though.
613880A5-B324-480F-A0C7-A4028D3F0D37.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a pump to improve my water change process. I like how the intake is at the bottom. That should help to get the last couple gallons out of the Brute container. Could be bad for mixing the salt up though.
Hmm... that seems like cheating. ;Smug

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... that seems like cheating. ;Smug
lol. no more tilting the container to the side trying to control the kick back from the hose and then unplugging the pump, spraying the wall and my face! I am hoping the cord is long enough to plug into my switch controlled outlet. If not I will rig up an extension cord in a water proof connection thingy. Then I plan on building a dedicated hard plumbed pump outlet for refills. Now that is cheating!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! That is your settling tank too right? Such a smart idea!

Yeah- overflow, debris settling, water change and frag tank input (the pipe on left isn’t finished, but sits just below the running water level, and feeds the future frag tank at about 200gph depending on how open the valve is)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah- overflow, debris settling, water change and frag tank input (the pipe on left isn’t finished, but sits just below the running water level, and feeds the future frag tank at about 200gph depending on how open the valve is)
Makes me wish I had kept my 30 gallon tall. It would have been perfect for that.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. no more tilting the container to the side trying to control the kick back from the hose and then unplugging the pump, spraying the wall and my face!
Sounds like you need a webcam for us, not a pump! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges

Did anyone or any of the reviews (assuming they are not bots) say anything about saltwater?

Edit: I really am banned from Amazon so I couldn't check for myself :) I really have to wait until after the holidays.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can never have enough Damsels.

Speaking of - yesterday DD had both a Starcki and a Maldives Regal go up. Against my normal rule of ordering livestock this time of year I tried...and failed. Up and sold in a minute or less. Nice and calm looking QT and they look healthy.
The universe intervened huh? I had to look up Starki...Starki Damsel? Very pretty fish.
Simons school inspired me to get them. The boys and I really want a swarm of fish. Salt water fish are so smart. As I tried to film them they watched the phone and moved to the other side. My 16 year old liked the music but said "that's huh, pretty Marvin Gaye mom"

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
The universe intervened huh? I had to look up Starki...Starki Damsel? Very pretty fish.
Simons school inspired me to get them. The boys and I really want a swarm of fish. Salt water fish are so smart. As I tried to film them they watched the phone and moved to the other side.

Yep - probably wiser than I am. Yes, Starki Damsel's - little larger but pretty. A nice cross between say a damsel and a pygmy angle with regards to size. Not has common, often hard to get due to high interest and somewhat seasonal. At least I think they are seasonal.

If you or any of the kids have go-pro's slap a fully charged battery in there and mount it to the tank - they won't hide from that :) That is what I do from time to time.

U

User1

View Badges
Schools are definitely awesome.

I’m going to try fir 7-9 dispar anthias fir mine. The peachy orange is so pretty

I thought azure damsels were kinda ******-ish?

They do get a bad rap but what you are looking for are Damsels in the Chrysiptera family. Azures, talbots, etc. Typically more calm, tolerant of others, nice splash of speed and color. Key with damsels is understanding their territory and needs so not over crowding. @ca1ore has a mix of about 60 in his 450 gallon for example. Another reefer I read often has about 10 in her 105 gallon. I don't really think it is much different than stocking other fish. At the end of the day we just need to understand what we can about needs and its space then more often than not things work out.

We get into trouble when we just go to the store, see something, and then later introduce it only to find out everything previously in the tank has become its 1st meal, 2nd meals, and so on :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back