Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, not a fan of urchins. Had a buddy that was convinced that the rasping scratched his acrylic tank. I’m skeptical only because he’s a registered clutz and probably did it himself. Regardless, I avoid them because they are biological bulldozers.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a white one like that until he decided to cruise over my brand new at the time JackoLantern Lepto and remove almost all of the tissue from it. Into the sump he went and the coral still hasn't recovered to its former glory, but as long as there is tissue I keep it going.

U

User1

View Badges
Ugh, not a fan of urchins. Had a buddy that was convinced that the rasping scratched his acrylic tank. I’m skeptical only because he’s a registered clutz and probably did it himself. Regardless, I avoid them because they are biological bulldozers.

I would lean towards Uni / urchin damage. They eat coralline Algae. Not sure which ones or if it is all and I've read others say similar damage to acrylic tanks. Who knows.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@norfolkgarden

Lol, yeah, not exclusive algae eaters apparently...

fd77dae5483eb505e09ae0da9e01d435.jpg
I totally thought of you, and this picture when I caught mine on the hammer.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to ask for prayers and good vibes. I am having surgery next week. I found out a few months ago that I have a meningioma, which is a type of brain tumor. I have kept quiet about it because R2R has been my escape from the stress of it. I am scared silly. I am keeping it together most of the time. But it consumes my waking thoughts unless I am reading or at work. Here is a picture of the most recent MRI.
IMG_3746.JPG

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep positive, keep active, keep stimulated and you’ll get through this! You can do it! Come hang out with your friends if you find yourself on an off day, we can talk fish, and salt, and nitrifying autotrophs!

Thoughts are with you Victoria, find a good team, and ask your oncologist many many questions. You’ll beat this.

Best wishes x

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist believe it is a benign meningioma. But it is growing and putting pressure on my brain. There is no way to know for sure if my migrains are caused by it but I sure as heck did not have migrains like this before I had the tumor. I am very hopeful my headaches go away or atleast are improved by removing it.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep positive, keep active, keep stimulated and you’ll get through this! You can do it! Come hang out with your friends if you find yourself on an off day, we can talk fish, and salt, and nitrifying autotrophs!

Thoughts are with you Victoria, find a good team, and ask your oncologist many many questions. You’ll beat this.

Best wishes x
Nitrifying autotrophs! lol.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back