Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a chance to get some good actinics shots with my DSLR. All photos with my Nikon D5300 and an orange filter, shot in RAW format and post processed in Lightroom.

Sorry if some of the pictures were a hair blurry. Its an awkward shot so I did the best I could.

bab7aca9e0cb0dd87710e64e8a536bb1.jpg

0971fce8b39bcbd3f0ef9fc7bafc36c1.jpg

7203236ac505cb2a43826a99f6087916.jpg

b08a9509150dd31767e470c4c21c01b1.jpg

d3b116f81fe24bc2a698dc03d1769fb5.jpg

Great job on coloring this one up! Despite so many people seeing the mother colony in person at Vivid and confirming the pics they post on FB as the real deal, sooo many people were saying it was all Photoshopped and didn't have all those colors. This just goes to show the difference between someone on their SPS A-game and someone who's tank isn't quite ready yet. Keeping acros alive and actually getting growth is tough enough for some folks, but many don't realize the type of stability you need to really get the most out of each piece. Very very nice

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on coloring this one up! Despite so many people seeing the mother colony in person at Vivid and confirming the pics they post on FB as the real deal, sooo many people were saying it was all Photoshopped and didn't have all those colors. This just goes to show the difference between someone on their SPS A-game and someone who's tank isn't quite ready yet. Keeping acros alive and actually getting growth is tough enough for some folks, but many don't realize the type of stability you need to really get the most out of each piece. Very very nice

Thanks a bunch Tiggs! I honestly would have been just as skeptical if it wasn't for my buddy Gigem seeing it in person and grabbing a frag for both of us to split. He said it was the real deal and I just had to believe him... Even when it didn't sparkle for half a year I had faith. Its slowly starting to pay off now that my tank has been stable after the move for 1.5 years now.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag I posted a few weeks ago has held it colors and is starting to encrust quickly. @FarmerTy your colony looks amazing. The frag I got from vivid had the green in it.

I’ve gotten quite a few frags from Vivid and almost every one has looked like pictured. Guys can color corals and take pictures really well. People just like to hate and try to poke holes when someone is doing better than them.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag I posted a few weeks ago has held it colors and is starting to encrust quickly. @FarmerTy your colony looks amazing. The frag I got from vivid had the green in it.

I’ve gotten quite a few frags from Vivid and almost every one has looked like pictured. Guys can color corals and take pictures really well. People just like to hate and try to poke holes when someone is doing better than them.
Thanks Norcal! Be ready for a lot of encrustment! Gig'em had good success having it grow very quickly and branch more than encrust by putting it in high par, like 500 par, with strong flow. Colors were a bit muted at that par but man did it grow.

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome seeing everyones frags grown out. I almost fully lost mine with only a few polyps even surviving 6 months to a year ago it is finally showing promise. Just recently pinks came back in with hints of orange. It's only a nub though. Might buy another frag. By far one of my favorites I have seen in person.

So anyone have chuncky frags available I might be interested in a fresh piece as well.

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone posting about the Mardi Gras acro the other day, is this basically the same coral under a different name? Either way, its a phenomenal color combo.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My frag is encrusting well, but polyp extension is minimal. Any ideas? I bought it directly from Vivid (went to their store) and have had it for roughly 4-5 weeks. Thanks.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag is encrusting well, but polyp extension is minimal. Any ideas? I bought it directly from Vivid (went to their store) and have had it for roughly 4-5 weeks. Thanks.
I'm trying to remember bud but I didn't have a ton of polyp extension either at the beginning. I'll try to pull up an old photo to verify.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to remember bud but I didn't have a ton of polyp extension either at the beginning. I'll try to pull up an old photo to verify.
Excuse the overly blue picture but it was hairy as a small frag. What light and flow do you have it at?
cc55f8c5543cf9556c67fdde469b0801.jpg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have it in high light (16" under a 400 watt 20k Halide) and I'd say medium flow. Color has lightened up a bit too.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a bunch Tiggs! I honestly would have been just as skeptical if it wasn't for my buddy Gigem seeing it in person and grabbing a frag for both of us to split. He said it was the real deal and I just had to believe him... Even when it didn't sparkle for half a year I had faith. Its slowly starting to pay off now that my tank has been stable after the move for 1.5 years now.

You gotta have faith!!! [emoji23] When I saw it in person I knew instantly it was going to be a block buster coral. I had never seen so many colors in one coral before, just have to have the right conditions to pull them all out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back