Vlamingii Tang with Major Eye Issue

jeremyg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2022
Messages
131
Reaction score
55
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures speak for themselves selves. Other than the eye, the fish seems to be acting normal. What is going on here and how can I help the fish?
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
 
The pictures speak for themselves selves. Other than the eye, the fish seems to be acting normal. What is going on here and how can I help the fish?
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg

Did this appear suddenly? If so, it’s likely a strike injury.

Normally, fish will recover from this sort of eye damage, but it takes time, a month or more. If the other eye gets damaged during that time, the fish may not see well enough to eat.

If it gets infected, treatment with erythromycin / Maracyn 1 should be tried. However, tangs like this are tough to treat safely in a small hospital tank.
 
The pictures speak for themselves selves. Other than the eye, the fish seems to be acting normal. What is going on here and how can I help the fish?
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
This lokks to be an eye injury as they are very clumsy as you may have noticed, Eye looks to have damage and suggested in a separate container is Maracyn as pictured below

1776167746004.png
1776167746004.png
 
Did this appear suddenly? If so, it’s likely a strike injury.

Normally, fish will recover from this sort of eye damage, but it takes time, a month or more. If the other eye gets damaged during that time, the fish may not see well enough to eat.

If it gets infected, treatment with erythromycin / Maracyn 1 should be tried. However, tangs like this are tough to treat safely in a small hospital tank.
I didn’t notice it until it looked like this. We were away for 10 days and the fish looked ok when we returned (3 days ago), but I didn’t inspect every one when I got back, just took a headcount, lol.

So I think it’s sudden…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new