Vodka vs Vinegar vs DIY NOPOX

Vinergar, Vodka, or DIY NOPOX

  • Vinegar

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Vodka

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • DIY NOPOX

    Votes: 7 43.8%

  • Total voters
    16

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
1,667
Reaction score
2,075
Location
Gambrills
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently on my 3rd week of dosing vodka to reduce nitrates in my tank, when I remember that I stumbled upon a couple of DIY NOPOX recipes that mix vodka, vinegar, and rodi water (sometimes). What are the benefits, if any, to dosing the DIY NOPOX vs the vodka I'm currently using?
 
I'm also curious about pros and cons or one vs the others. Did you ever find anything out?
 
I prefer vinegar. In my system it gave less cyano and, in theory at least, it is used by a very wide range of organisms including corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new