Voice chat

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking of something that could maybe be added to the forum or maybe is already a thing and I just don't know about it? Anyways, voice chat, there are a few different programs so to speak that allow groups of people to talk live in a group. Ventrillo, or teamspeak are two I know of from playing online games. I think it would be cool if REEF2REEF had a voice chat location where people could discuss anything they want or maybe even bring in some professionals, or well known forum members who are well known for specializing in certain topics, to talk in a channel for everyone to listen to and maybe ask questions. Just a thought!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one of the #mods know if that's ever been considered or even possible. It's likely an @revhtree question though.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some chat add-ons for Xenforo which incorporate voice/video. However, the latter both have the potential to really slow down the server for everyone. You would need a dedicated chat server. Also, not being able to actively censor those who might abuse a voice chat is another challenge to think about. This is a family friendly forum; nobody wants their kid to hear profanity.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 30 slot teamspeak server. Theres a new service that is free called "discord". We use it to easily post web garbage (memes, articles etc). The voice chat quailty is unimpressive in my experience compared to a paid server.

OP
OP
Mandrew

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team speak or Ventrillo I think would work well. As far as the profanity goes there would have to be rules against it, as well as maybe a report option incase someone were to break those rules.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teamspeak has a report feature and extensive global permissions mods can enact that dont involve managing another whole batch of user ids. For people familiar with online gaming / mmo guilds yall know sometimes trolls gotta be banned / suspended / warned...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back