Vortech "Gyre" Mode for SPS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing around with the flow on my new rsr 350 (4" tank) that i just upgraded to from a smaller tank. I have 2 new MP40s and 2 older MP10s. I have tried just running the 40s on the ends offset slightly or opposing each other and it just seem they cancel each other out and dig a hole in the reef sand at the middle of the tank. I have tried, sync, anti sync, mp10s on the back wall, Tidal swell etc and not super happy with the outcome of any combinations i have tried so far.

I just added the 10s on the sides next to the 40s and put them all in "Gyre" mode via Ecosmartlive. I have to say i was impressed! I have the 40 and the 10 on one side at 60% for 2min and then they immediately switch to the other side for 2 min. I seem to get good counterclockwise flow around my 2 islands and when the pumps switch there is a chaotic crashing where the water begins to switch direction. The pumps are also not digging a hole in the middle of the tank.

Does anyone else use this configuration? This is an SPS dominant tank and I am curious if anyone has a similar setup and used this program with success. Also, would love to hear about other combinations people like and have success with.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

Sorry about the delay. Maybe we have some MP folks online now.

I have the 40, but only 1. And it one of the first so it doesn’t do what the new ones do. Great wavemaker though for sure.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MP40's & keep them on Reefcrest one on each end. I don't have the reeflink witch I believe gives you more choices.

Edit: I've never had a sand blowing issue but my tank is 30" high & I keep the near the top of the tank for top water movement.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back