Vortech Mobius timer function?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

safx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Kind of new to this tech so excuse ignorance.
I have a Vortech MP40QD that i control via Mobius app.
How do i make a program schedule with OFF periods ?
I dont want to have my pump always ON, whatever the mode. I wish i could program it so it would turn ON and OFF though a schedule.
Is this possible only buying a separate device?
Thanks for helping
SAF

OP
OP
S

safx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played around and tried eveything. not found.
I bought a timer and attached to power plug. Ugly but working solution.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tuning off powerheads is actually not recommended by Ecotech.

The reason is that if an invert or fish enters the wetside while it's off and is still there when it comes back on, it'll most likely kill whatever is inside at the moment.

Butakiya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have seen my blenny go inside the wet side when I'm doing cleaning, and need to make sure they are gone before turning back on so yea I agree, might not be the best idea.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt recommend it for the same reasons as above, Ecotech specifically didnt have this as a function for years because deaths can and will happen from inhabitants going into the pump. I have a Bicolour blenny myself that does this. But people complained, a lot, so was added.

However i believe it is possible.....

If you want them off at the click of a button you can create a scene with feed mode set to zero for whatever time duration you need. (To set feed mode to zero you drag down the power percentage bar on feed mode until a 3 second timer pops up, this is a warning that pumps are going off completely) You can make this scene whatever duration you want. I currently have a maintenance scene for 30 minutes that completely switces my vortechs off.

To do this in a schedule i havent actually tested but i believe you can set a feed mode into the schedule so assume it can be done the same way, dragging down on the power percentage bar whilst selecting speed to set to zero.

OP
OP
S

safx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However i believe it is possible.....

If you want them off at the click of a button you can create a scene with feed mode set to zero for whatever time duration you need. (To set feed mode to zero you drag down the power percentage bar on feed mode until a 3 second timer pops up, this is a warning that pumps are going off completely) You can make this scene whatever duration you want. I currently have a maintenance scene for 30 minutes that completely switces my vortechs off.

To do this in a schedule i havent actually tested but i believe you can set a feed mode into the schedule so assume it can be done the same way, dragging down on the power percentage bar whilst selecting speed to set to zero.

This ! Great help thank you !
I understand the risk of turning pump off and then fish getting inside and killed on turn on.
Its interesting because when you set the Feed at 0% the software tells you what you mentioned.
I will minimize this risk turning on to Feed Mode at 1% on the schedule .
I use this pump on a freshwater tank as an auxiliary pump to make current flow. I dont need this all the time and at night i appreciate the silence ( i bet so do the fish ).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back