Vortech MP-40 Troubleshooting

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I lost my power a few hours ago and my vortech (old version of the mp-40) kicked on and worked like a champ...here's my problem, the power came back on and everything is working on my tank except my Vortech won't run off the main power supply now, it will only work off of the battery back-up? The green light on the control box is blinking green which indicates that it is running off of the batttery back-up and the power cord for the battery back-up is also blinking green. The problem is when I unplug the battery back-up from my control box and plug in the main power cord it does abosolutely nothing, no lights or power indication whatsoever, I even plugged in a old control box to see if that was the issue but it did the same thing. Is there a way to reset the control box or battery so that it runs off the main power supply instead of the battery back-up? This is the older version of teh MP-40 not the newer wireless version

SteveOhh

******* Coral Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe disconnect it from the backup battery & connect it directly to the ac plug. Maybe it needs to reset the driver/transformer. Just thinking out loud though, never experienced this problem.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a thread on RC where a couple people had this same problem, but they couldnt get it working again. They needed a new power supply for like 50 bucks for the vortech.

OP
OP
FaviaFreak

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was the power supply, it seems that if your not power surged protected then your screwd..that's what it was the power supply, I just happened to have a extra one laying around and wah lah it's good as new, I just have to get myself a surge protecter, my stupid fault! thanks all for the suggestions!

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was the power supply, it seems that if your not power surged protected then your screwd..that's what it was the power supply, I just happened to have a extra one laying around and wah lah it's good as new, I just have to get myself a surge protecter, my stupid fault! thanks all for the suggestions!

Take the old one apart and see if there is any type of fuse in there. I'd be surprised if it was solid state.

OP
OP
FaviaFreak

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe disconnect it from the backup battery & connect it directly to the ac plug. Maybe it needs to reset the driver/transformer. Just thinking out loud though, never experienced this problem.

Thanks for the sugesstion!! :)

Back