Vortech mp10 master/slave problem

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks, I have 2 mp10 sew pumps one has been recently upgraded with the QD upgrade card. I set the pair up in the master/slave configuration with the newly QD upgraded card set as the master and the other MP 10 sew set as slave. It all appears to work as expected with the short pulse mode on the master and and the slave working as expected. Then I set the slave in anti sync mode and again everything works as expected. Later I put the master in nite mode and the slave follows suit as extected. Now here is where the problem starts. The next morning the master returns to short pulse mode but the slave remains in nite mode. Anyone know what the problem is? I Have reset both pumps from the getgo according to the manual and they repeat the same problem .

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you upgrade one and not the other? If so perhaps that is the problem. I would also double check that the firmware is up to date on both of them.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this problem as well. I do not believe there is a fix yet. If you run 2 modes on the master you have to re-sync the pumps every morning.

OP
OP
Dub

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you upgrade one and not the other? If so perhaps that is the problem. I would also double check that the firmware is up to date on both of them.
It is my understanding that all MP 10 pumps are compatible. Maybe not.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is my understanding that all MP 10 pumps are compatible. Maybe not.

While to some degree that probably are, different firmware and hardware is going to make them behave different. The reason for updated firmware and hardware is not always for features as many think but also to fix "bugs". While I do not work for Ecotec, I have worked for the last 20 years in a test lab as a Tech. on electronics, and this is my experience. If you told ecotec you were having this issue, that is almost assuredly the first thing they would tell you. It may not be the problem, could just be a known problem as @WVNed said, but worth at least looking into. Especially the firmware as it doesn't cost you anything.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks, I have 2 mp10 sew pumps one has been recently upgraded with the QD upgrade card. I set the pair up in the master/slave configuration with the newly QD upgraded card set as the master and the other MP 10 sew set as slave. It all appears to work as expected with the short pulse mode on the master and and the slave working as expected. Then I set the slave in anti sync mode and again everything works as expected. Later I put the master in nite mode and the slave follows suit as extected. Now here is where the problem starts. The next morning the master returns to short pulse mode but the slave remains in nite mode. Anyone know what the problem is? I Have reset both pumps from the getgo according to the manual and they repeat the same problem .
I dont know I would refer to my pumps as master and slave in todays world - but thats just me

Back