Vortex Diatom parts/ replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter dado150
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
They are non-existent as of about 6- 7 years ago... No return contacts, they where getting up there in age. And the old style on and off switch's where prone to shocking people.. Just a little buzz but you would jump for sure... lol. I got it many, many times.. lol. If you get a good used one make sure the inside filter is in excellent shape for this is so very important! I have not made one yet but I will... These are The Best Filter Ever Made to this date... I was set-up wholesale with them for years and I have some parts still... Find a used one..! These do work absolutely FANTASIC on CYANO.. Good Luck
Would you happen to have the o ring and bag for the XL ?
 
Just found flat seal gasket inside 4” Ball canning jar at Walmart …. Worked perfectly I’m needing XL filter bag, still trying to make one . Also to find specific DE for this …. Several O rings were tried but no seal obtained.
 
Just found flat seal gasket inside 4” Ball canning jar at Walmart …. Worked perfectly I’m needing XL filter bag, still trying to make one . Also to find specific DE for this …. Several O rings were tried but no seal obtained.
Just a comment that will perhaps be taken badly. There is nothing sacred about a diatom filter, and - let's pretend you get the parts you need, in months you will need replacements for those
 
Just found flat seal gasket inside 4” Ball canning jar at Walmart …. Worked perfectly I’m needing XL filter bag, still trying to make one . Also to find specific DE for this …. Several O rings were tried but no seal obtained.
I’ll have to check my ‘fish cabinets’, I’m pretty sure that I have a couple XL filter bags (possibly new), and other parts that I’ll never
use !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new