waking up to dead fish

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 30 gallon tank with 10 fish?! And looks like tang, foxface, eel and other fish that require MUCH bigger tanks. I bet they are just killing themself because they dont have space and are getting territorial.
Get some Hanna checkers to check your water parameters, ATI is a waste of money and is not accurate.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i appreciate you reaching out the water parameter are up to date so far good what product do you suggest i use to test the water i use RO water seen pic for the brand of salt i use i use bleach and scrub to clean my rock been doing it for years never had a problem up untill now SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO ????
Bleach the rocks? why? Wood in the tank...I mean I've seen it before but thats not a great idea. My Guess if this is true either eel or ammonia test is way off and they died from ammonia I mean if you bleach and clean everything thats supposed to hold bacteria to convert ammonia.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a 30 gallon tank with 10 fish?! And looks like tang, foxface, eel and other fish that require MUCH bigger tanks. I bet they are just killing themself because they dont have space and are getting territorial.
Get some Hanna checkers to check your water parameters, ATI is a waste of money and is not accurate.
I assumed those where part of the background pic on the tank!

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bleaching your rocks destroys the biofilter on them. Sounds like you've had an ammonia spike from the tank being overstocked and the biofilter being stripped. Your fish may finally have gotten big enough to both start ripping into each other for desperate lack of space and to produce more ammonia than the biofilter can handle. You need to start rehoming them.

Again: what are the water parameters, exactly? "Good" isn't a parameter.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see them in the video. I think I also saw a trigger fish in there as well! These fish need 150+ gallons to be happy and they are slammed into a 30 gallon.
It appears that is a picture in the background, but the OP has never provided the full stocking list either. Either way there is a lot going on and to bleach rocks for aesthetic purposes at the detriment of the livestock and biodiversity, is a big issue.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morris 14 is correct
Over stocking
Killing good bacteria from rocks
Wood not for me unless you keep discus
I am thinking ammonia spike but the fish maybe are just killing each other
Your sponge filter pads should be gently squeezed to remove detritus in a bucket with some tank water. The only thing you throw away is your filter floss and replace the same if running carbon

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wood will make the water acidic.
Take that out.

Stop bleaching the rock. Your killing bacteria that is life supporting.

Trigger fish, emperor angle, in a 30????
No, rehome them immediately! It hurts to watch the video.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back