Wall Behind Aquarium

CeeGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully this question is in a place where it will get some traction. I am getting ready to set up what will be (to me at least) a very large waterbox aquarium. I am prepping room where tank will sit. Went under house and braced floor last weekend. That was a ton of fun as I am claustrophobic.

I really like the look of wood slat walls. if any way possible I would love to put this style wall in place behind my tank. Extremely concerned about fish splashing (which they do all the time) and being able to protect wood and wall from damage. Anyone know how to protect wood from saltwater? Including a couple of pics In case people don’t know the look I am referring to.
IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0283.jpeg

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few coats of clear epoxy would do the trick.

You might not enjoy trying to keep it clean, though, if you have to reach over the tank to clean it. Dust/fur/salt spray, etc.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully this question is in a place where it will get some traction. I am getting ready to set up what will be (to me at least) a very large waterbox aquarium. I am prepping room where tank will sit. Went under house and braced floor last weekend. That was a ton of fun as I am claustrophobic.

I really like the look of wood slat walls. if any way possible I would love to put this style wall in place behind my tank. Extremely concerned about fish splashing (which they do all the time) and being able to protect wood and wall from damage. Anyone know how to protect wood from saltwater? Including a couple of pics In case people don’t know the look I am referring to.
IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0283.jpeg
Any marine type wood sealer will work fine

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back