Walt Disney Tenuis Grow-Out Thread

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got a piece a week ago. I'm probably the only one with it growing under Chinese boxes. Should be interesting to see. Have some other colorful acros that came as green and brown sticks doing well. Growing in a 20 long frag tank until we get our 120 rocking and flowing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Nope, theres a few of you guys growing them under the chinese leds. Frankly, most look alot better then others! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, theres a few of you guys growing them under the chinese leds. Frankly, most look alot better then others! Enjoy!
Nice. I don't feel as unsophisticated then. Haha. I'm excited to see the evolution. This is a great thread. I like it most because there is no retail bias with colors and experience.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. What lights are you running?

Do you use NOPOX? I see some bubble there. Coming to the end of a battle with bubble and hair thanks to NOPOX.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice. What lights are you running?

Do you use NOPOX? I see some bubble there. Coming to the end of a battle with bubble and hair thanks to NOPOX.
Oh wow your a new member! Welcome aboard buddy! Any questions just start a thread, lot of dedicated folks here. Back to topic, you can look at my build thread if you want to learn more. Ati t5 fixture with 1 reefbrite blue led strip. No i dont run nopox, used to dose methanol (racing fuel) for a long time but my new tank doesnt need carbon dosing "yet" hopefully. Yep bubble algae is a recurring nightmare, little elbow grease here and there keeps it low until my naso tang is large enuff to eat it. But Hey it beats running gfo! Lol

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. Excited to dig through the forum. Never joined when we had tons of stuff running.

GFO = nightmare IME.

Updates in a week hopefully.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks man. Excited to dig through the forum. Never joined when we had tons of stuff running.

GFO = nightmare IME.

Updates in a week hopefully.
Sweet (yes gfo does = nightmare) youll love it here. Very active by the second, lots and lots of info, debates ect but enjoy! Hope to see a thread soon!

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colors still look washed but I can se some pink and green and blue tips are getting more blue too (more so with 440-460nm LED light). The driver polyps (the one on the tips) is the color they are supposed to be. The frag is about 8 months and has about a dozen new shootings. It still did not reached the same color it had when I received so I know there is room for improvement. My system tend to run low nutrient but my corals have decent coloration. More recently I started to dose potassium and iodine and those have clearly helped (not only the WD, but all my colonies).

Here a pictures under actinic and 440-460nm LED light (my dusk and down lights preset):

Walt-Disney-Acro.jpg

Last edited:

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef energy has done wonders for colors in my low nutrient system. Bi-daily feedings.

Hoping it does the same for the WD to cut down on color up time. Really nice piece! Its stocky.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes let's see these beauties!

clownfish chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WD under 14k MH with t5 actinic supplement. It is sitting in about 200 par. It started out as a 1/2 " fragg about 4 months ago. It is encrusting well and just starting to branch out. I am noticing that it colors up better with higher nutrients.

The second picture is shorter because it got bumped and broken off. I never found the nub.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my WD, got it 3 weeks ago from Top Shelf. Still trying to figure out where it likes to be best under my ATI 48"8x54w fixture (5 blue+, 2 purple+ and 1 Actinic). Have it about 18" from light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 weeks ago when I got it. 9/19/16

Walt Disney.jpg

10/1/16

WD 10-1-16.jpg

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have any updated pictures - Been having issues with color, has encrusted but refuses to grow up but bene happening with all my other sps as well.

May 24th
thumb

July 7th
thumb

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My WD chunks are sitting right up high under the hot spot of my MH/T5/LED Giesemann Spectra fixture. They are getting pounded with light. During the day when all 3 sets of lights are on, a nice crisp white look to the tank (I'm old school) every branch has the pink tips. It took a while of blasting it in light to get the pink to come out. When the MH/T5 lights go off and it is sitting under the blue LED's it looks exactly like those crazy pretty pics Mike originally took. Flaming orange polyps etc. It does not look like that under daylight lights, Which Mike told me right from the beginning so my expectations were straight up. I was not disappointed and never have been. This is one really nice tenuis, it's really pretty. To get the pink you have to blast it with light. I'm out of town but I'll try and remember to take some pics of it and post them here. It grow really fast once branches take off, heck its a tenuis....need I say more.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

lauderdalestunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow and that's nice growth @ Rockhead Anyone else have anything colony sized maybe under different lighting??

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back