Want To Get Back Into The Hobby - Nano Maybe?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo. Biocubes offer enough room to have fun while keeping maintenance and cost reasonable.
Great point. I should mention, I think my JBJ 45 gallon AIO has been a perfect size for my needs. I did not go big myself either, LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there potable water and a drain in man cave?

No but i have a bathroom right next door! I was going to buy an R/O unit but I dont think its worth it. My LFS is 5 mins away and i'll probably just buy water from them, at least initially.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh i believe she has a bio cube and might have some insight on noise!

I do have a biocube. The only time I hear it at all is if it doesn’t have enough water in it. If my slimmer pump gets pushed against the side of the cabinet, it can be loud, but that’s an easy fix too.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but i have a bathroom right next door! I was going to buy an R/O unit but I dont think its worth it. My LFS is 5 mins away and i'll probably just buy water from them, at least initially.
If you do this test the TDS of that water every time you get filled. I myself have gotten high TDS water and saltwater I bought as RO/DI. I have heard horror stories, one recently, where the water from the LFS was not what was expected.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what. I'm looking at the fluvals now! What I like about them is the square edges. The one thing about the bio cube i dont like is the curve edges. Any fluval owners want to pass comment? vs the Biocube?
If me, I like curve edges, makes water flowing inside smooth transition, corals will love you for that.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cube tanks like that really limit you on fish selection. A longer tank, like a nuvo 30l, gives you the option of dwarf angels and small wrasses moreso than the biocube. If it were me, doing a single tank, I'd either go full nano like 15g or less, or something a bit bigger. 4ft tanks can even house small bristletooth tangs.

Figure out a couple must have fish then decide on size. Nanos can be really unique (Mr aqua 12 long), cooler than a biocube at least.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
40 fusion also good choice. Advantage would be the 3 stage media basket, room for a regular skimmer (recommended- ice cap 70) and there is now a uv sterilizer made for this system. Total filtration in a compact space within tank.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what. I'm looking at the fluvals now! What I like about them is the square edges. The one thing about the bio cube i dont like is the curve edges. Any fluval owners want to pass comment? vs the Biocube?

The curved edge on the biocube is harder to clean. But harder doesn’t mean impossible. Be had my biocube for about 4 years now. I honestly really like it. But that also doesn’t mean there’s not other great options. I’d go with what you like!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see lots of nuvo for sale, not Biocubes. Wonder why?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back