Wantanabi pair with jap swallow tail pair?

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally have a pair of wantanabi angels in my tank eating like pigs and of course they r my favorite fish!
Then I walk into my Lfs and they have a pair of Japanese swallowtails and man I was blown away what an amazing looking pair I love the deep water angels with contrasting patterns just awesome

Anyway I'm assuming u can't keep a pair of wantanabi and a pair of jap swallow tail in same tank????
I'm not gonna do it anyway cause wantanabi are only in tank few weeks but maybe down the road.....

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, I would be concerned about two male Geni's in the same tank but the female might be OK. How big is your tank?

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, my main DT is a 260 and I have had a pair of watanabe, semifasciatus and bellus all together for several years. There is some occasional aggression but never anything life threatening.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The male Genicanthus can be shockingly mean. I wouldn't attempt it, and I think you would have a battle. I had a male Watanabei shred and kill a perfectly healthy Achilles in a matter of minutes.

OP
OP
M

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting if these jap. Swallow tails weren't so amazing looking I wouldn't even think twice ! I am gonna hold off for now let the wantanabis settle in better maybe I can keep myself happy if I add another female wantanabi????

Ivy thanks for ur in sight where they added at separate times each pair did they change partners at all?

The pair of wantanabis is a good size and the swallow tails r pretty lg also

OP
OP
M

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ike didn't realize they can be that aggressive but it's pretty obvious my male w. Is fast becoming the boss of the tank

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 97 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back