Wanted to get some opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter gflat65
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
3,133
Reaction score
111
Location
Montgomery, Al.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After running a couple of DIY's over my frag tank and my wife's 75 and being happy with the results, I've been thinking of an LED switch on my display for a while now. Finally have a little cash to get started.

I'm currently planning on using the HeatSink USA heatsinks (24" x 8.5"). It's on a 280 (72x36x25). I planned on one heatsink per 24"x36" section. (96) Royal Blues XT-E's, (48) Cool White XM-L's, and (36) Neutral White XM-L's. That would put (32) RB's, (16) CW's, and (12) NW's per section. To avoid nasty wiring runs from section to section (and since I'm having to do this in stages), I was thinking of running (24) RB's on one driver, then the other (8) RB's and the (16) CW's on a second driver (with the (12) NW's on a separate driver). Are there any potential issues with this arrangement?

Planning on 80 deg optics. Had thought of maybe 70 deg, but can't find them as readily as the 80's.

TIA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new