OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I bet by tomorrow you won't be able to get her off the nem if you wanted to
Actually it seems she's decided to live in my xenia, which is new. It's pretty close to where they hang out in the tank by the anemone, so I think tomorrow I will move the xenia and see if she chooses the nem when that's not an option. Clownfish are bizarre. Haha

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c24d92bdf2c3fded7cad2f302cb777bd.jpg

*sigh* Well, this is my life now. After a year completely ignoring the xenia in my tank and living by my tank’s heater, I go out and buy them an anemone and they move into the xenia instead. The female in particular is now totally obsessed with this coral and there’s no changing her mind. [emoji58][emoji23]

I guess that’s a small positive to it slowly taking over the tank regardless of how much I try to stop it. She will have an excellent growing mansion of a home as the weeds continue to grow. Haha.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d640173fbb159d1ac3c141cebe2c8981.jpg

Finally got tired of the abysmal flow that the stock pump has, so while I was picking up some hermits to start the clean up crew on my new tank I grabbed a Sicce for the little Evo. Just got done installing it after giving the back compartments a good cleaning. The .5 was the perfect size in terms of flow. Much better surface agitation and movement through the back filter compartments but not so much that all my corals get blasted. [emoji2][emoji1360]

How is that pump working out for you? I was thinking of getting one.

Cheers,
rant

motownjc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers,
rant
I went with the 1.0.

It works way better than the stock pump. I have it turned down to half power. I will turn it up next time I clean that chamber.

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers,
rant
It does a pretty good job. I think if I could buy again I'd go for the 1.0 and just dial it back a bit. The .5 is maxed out for me, and I'd like it more if it had just a bit more flow. But it's a great pump and even the .5 moves water way better than the stock pump.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with the 1.0.

It works way better than the stock pump. I have it turned down to half power. I will turn it up next time I clean that chamber.
What pump is that exactly?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump is that exactly?
Believe it is the Sicce 1.0; drops in return pump chamber with a little finagling and provides about 100 more gph if I remember. I've got this pump in both of my Evos and it really makes a difference. I do turn mine down some as well.

Maybe Santa will bring you one, of course, there is that thing about being good, ha ha

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Believe it is the Sicce 1.0; drops in return pump chamber with a little finagling and provides about 100 more gph if I remember. I've got this pump in both of my Evos and it really makes a difference. I do turn mine down some as well.

Maybe Santa will bring you one, of course, there is that thing about being good, ha ha
How does coal work?...

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does a pretty good job. I think if I could buy again I'd go for the 1.0 and just dial it back a bit. The .5 is maxed out for me, and I'd like it more if it had just a bit more flow. But it's a great pump and even the .5 moves water way better than the stock pump.

Thanks! I put the 0.5 on my Xmas list already. I think it will fine for my purposes.

Cheers,
rant

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a great read. Beautiful tank!
Thank you! It was a great little tank. A little bit sad to see it go tbh after moving everything to the big tank. Haven't had the heart to drain it yet, so it's just got xenia and bristleworms spreading to their heart's content currently. Not sure if I want to keep it as a little frag tank, or if I want to reboot it and start fresh to do a little species specific tank or something.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back