WarEagle88's Evo 13.5

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright!! Love meeting Auburn fans in Denver. :D
If you haven't before, be sure to come to the Irish Snug on Colfax on game days! We've got an awesome crew that comes for watch parties. There will be an SEC wide picnic with all the local clubs in August as well. Our president Jeff is really good about updating the Facebook page with events for everyone...search for Rocky Mountain Auburn Club and you'll find us!

I go to the snug for a couple of games every season. I try to get there early and get one of the couches next to the downstairs bar ;)

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot! I'm about to set up my fluval 13.5. And as for stone aquatics, every experience I've had there was pretty bad, most fish were sick and corals were melting :/
Ah! That's no good. Guess I'm not missing anything there then. Sound's a bit like Aquamart in the fish department. I've seen several sick fish there. But they do have a great selection of inverts. When you set up your tank if you start a build thread come share the link so I can follow along!

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! That's no good. Guess I'm not missing anything there then. Sound's a bit like Aquamart in the fish department. I've seen several sick fish there. But they do have a great selection of inverts. When you set up your tank if you start a build thread come share the link so I can follow along!

My opinion for Denver:

Coral - hands down Aquatic Art, no one else comes close to what Chris has.
Fish - Neptune's has the healthiest fish you'll find. You pay more but their quaruntine procedures surpasses all others.

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, I actually use to volunteer there three years ago when I was 13 haha [emoji23] the employees and I would try to take care of the fish as best we could but in the end the owner gave us the orders.... he used some off brand copper and other unconventional medications to quarantine the fish. None of us there could change that. I left, and the others quit to go work at aquatic art, keysisland, etc. on a different note, I do have a build thread started! Click on my profile and it should be my only thread I've started so far.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I actually use to volunteer there three years ago when I was 13 haha [emoji23] the employees and I would try to take care of the fish as best we could but in the end the owner gave us the orders.... he used some off brand copper and other unconventional medications to quarantine the fish. None of us there could change that. I left, and the others quit to go work at aquatic art, keysisland, etc. on a different note, I do have a build thread started! Click on my profile and it should be my only thread I've started so far.

In the end it's on us to properly quaruntine our livestock. That said, I'm fairly certain the one fish I purchased at this particular locale was my undoing... Fish are definitely now in quaruntine and another 1.5 months to go on my fallow display.

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion for Denver:

Coral - hands down Aquatic Art, no one else comes close to what Chris has.
Fish - Neptune's has the healthiest fish you'll find. You pay more but their quaruntine procedures surpasses all others.
Never been to Neptune's. Where's that located? I'll have to go check it out!

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brittle starfish hitchhiker came out to say hello tonight after my water change and regular maintenance...and then a SECOND one appeared. [emoji15]

Then they both promptly began to spawn in my nice clean tank. I guess they won't be stopping at two... [emoji23]

Here's what I believe to be the original (as it's significantly bigger than the other) cruisin' around a bit: https://instagram.com/p/BV84nGxjenI/

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minor disaster!! Put a piece of filter floss in the bottom of the middle chamber yesterday after my water change to catch the bigger particles before they could get to the return pump and I forgot about it. Woke up this morning to that being clogged enough to slow the flow of water to my return pump which caused my entire ATO container to empty itself into the tank. Had about 2.5 gallons of water on my floor, and a tank salinity reading of 1.019. Leathers looked a bit peeved, but thankfully everything else seems to be doing ok. Slowly bringing salinity back up and trying to figure out a way I can make sure the stand is dry underneath the tank.

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minor disaster!! Put a piece of filter floss in the bottom of the middle chamber yesterday after my water change to catch the bigger particles before they could get to the return pump and I forgot about it. Woke up this morning to that being clogged enough to slow the flow of water to my return pump which caused my entire ATO container to empty itself into the tank. Had about 2.5 gallons of water on my floor, and a tank salinity reading of 1.019. Leathers looked a bit peeved, but thankfully everything else seems to be doing ok. Slowly bringing salinity back up and trying to figure out a way I can make sure the stand is dry underneath the tank.

Oh no! I've made plenty of mistakes like that ahah. On a better note, I've just started up my YouTube channel and posted my first video! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1znJkA8qb-EIl4DQ3_3sSQ be sure to check out the whole channel

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you caught it early enough and limited the impact. hopefully this is not on new floor I thought u mentioned in an earlier post.

Don't know if u have option for this. I setup my ATO to only turn on 1 min. every 2hrs. This limits how much water is push into the tank. 2nd I also have leak detection and alarm and email set-up incase something leaked. it's part of my controller set-up besides notifications like PH and temporary out of range.

I have plenty of floods in my days myself so I understand...[emoji6]

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you caught it early enough and limited the impact. hopefully this is not on new floor I thought u mentioned in an earlier post.

Don't know if u have option for this. I setup my ATO to only turn on 1 min. every 2hrs. This limits how much water is push into the tank. 2nd I also have leak detection and alarm and email set-up incase something leaked. it's part of my controller set-up besides notifications like PH and temporary out of range.

I have plenty of floods in my days myself so I understand...[emoji6]
It is on the new floor but I installed wood-look tile, so it's all good! Would have been way worse had I still had carpet. I will need to move the stand to make sure it's dry underneath there, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

ATO runs flawlessly, I was just stupid and left in filter floss I only meant to have in there for an hour or so. My own careless mistake. ;Dead But we're back at 1.025 and all the livestock seem totally unaffected, so overall not a bad day. :)

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update! Toadstool leather has recovered really well from the emerald crab incident. :p It has a little bit of a "scar" underneath, but most of it has filled back in with new tissue. Still think my frogspawn is splitting but I'm not quite sure...it's been a bit scrunched up in the center and is keeping its mouth hidden. If it's like my hammer, when it finally opens up again it'll have two mouths instead of one. The corals all had a few days where they were in various states of mild unhappiness after the ATO issue last week, but overall there was no noticeable lasting effect after having that drastic salinity dip.

Here she is this week at around 8 months old! Almost a fully fledged tank baby. Hahaha.
full

Noticed my chalice starting to wash out a bit up on the frag rack, so I think the PrimeHD is maybe a bit strong for it up there. So after taking that photo, I did my weekly water change and moved that guy back down to the sand in the front right corner. Hopefully it colors up a bit now that it's not being blasted. Also, it's noticeable to me in the tiniest of ways, but probably not anyone else yet...the new stylophora is definitely showing a bit of new growth on several of the branches which makes me really happy. I'm glad to see the PrimeHD can handle the easier SPS corals without a hitch even at less than full power. Definitely a great little light.

Also, I've got a thread up and running (finally) for my new RedSea Max 250. So if you're so inclined, come on over and visit me there and let me know what you think of my new aquascape before I glue it all together!

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update! Toadstool leather has recovered really well from the emerald crab incident. :p It has a little bit of a "scar" underneath, but most of it has filled back in with new tissue. Still think my frogspawn is splitting but I'm not quite sure...it's been a bit scrunched up in the center and is keeping its mouth hidden. If it's like my hammer, when it finally opens up again it'll have two mouths instead of one. The corals all had a few days where they were in various states of mild unhappiness after the ATO issue last week, but overall there was no noticeable lasting effect after having that drastic salinity dip.

Here she is this week at around 8 months old! Almost a fully fledged tank baby. Hahaha.
full

Noticed my chalice starting to wash out a bit up on the frag rack, so I think the PrimeHD is maybe a bit strong for it up there. So after taking that photo, I did my weekly water change and moved that guy back down to the sand in the front right corner. Hopefully it colors up a bit now that it's not being blasted. Also, it's noticeable to me in the tiniest of ways, but probably not anyone else yet...the new stylophora is definitely showing a bit of new growth on several of the branches which makes me really happy. I'm glad to see the PrimeHD can handle the easier SPS corals without a hitch even at less than full power. Definitely a great little light.

Also, I've got a thread up and running (finally) for my new RedSea Max 250. So if you're so inclined, come on over and visit me there and let me know what you think of my new aquascape before I glue it all together!

Your tank is looking super awesome! Could you take a pic of the whole setup so I can see how to ai prime looks on the tank? Thanks

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

full

Looking good!!

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking super awesome! Could you take a pic of the whole setup so I can see how to ai prime looks on the tank? Thanks
Here's a shot from a few months ago of what it looks like with the 12 inch gooseneck mount. It does have a little bit of light spill off the longer sides of the tank, but it's not too bad.
full

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back