OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic tank!! Great job. I am hopefully going to be starting mine one of these days. And just wanted to say "War Eagle!!" Great to see some other Auburn folks here. Looking forward to seeing how we do this next season. Stidham has a ton of potential and the defense is looking better.
Thanks, and WARRRRR EAGLE!!! 10 weeks left until football season! I've got high hopes too, but I'm worried that we'll fall into the trap we always do of being over ranked to start the season and then flop in games we really shouldn't. I'd much rather fly under the radar for the first few weeks while we get our bearings and get used to playing together as a new team and then shock everyone as we climb up the rankings. Either way though, I'm so ready for football to be back. Not too thrilled about having Clemson week 2 though...that could be rough.

When you get your tank started, start a thread and come back here to let me know what it is so I can follow along!

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! I never see him during the day, but if I spot him at night I might have to try to give him some algae and see if he'll take it. He was chilling out behind my ricordea last night and it looks ok today, so maybe there's hope for him yet. Haha
It's probably because he's too bz at night eating ur corals and then is tired in the day [emoji6]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is looking good but..........

IMG_1094.JPG

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for sure... Fellow Denver resident and Auburn Alumni.
Alright!! Love meeting Auburn fans in Denver. :D
If you haven't before, be sure to come to the Irish Snug on Colfax on game days! We've got an awesome crew that comes for watch parties. There will be an SEC wide picnic with all the local clubs in August as well. Our president Jeff is really good about updating the Facebook page with events for everyone...search for Rocky Mountain Auburn Club and you'll find us!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL The banter alone makes this thread a fun place to be...I'll throw my team into the mix.

Geaux Tigers!! LSU!!

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL The banter alone makes this thread a fun place to be...I'll throw my team into the mix.

Geaux Tigers!! LSU!!
Darn...LSU is the only one so far that I haven't had a fun Auburn game shirt to poke fun with. Guess I'll have to remedy that this season. It'll be interesting to see how y'all do with Coach O at the helm all season.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Geaux Tigers!! LSU!!
Ok, here's the straight line: so how do you tell an LSU tiger fan from an Auburn tiger fan?................

Last edited:
OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Movin' on up! Had a local reefer post a RedSea Max C-250 on one of the Colorado reefer pages I follow on Facebook for an absolute steal. He moved into a new place and didn't have the space for it along with his other tank. Practically brand new for $600 with all the original equipment and manuals. So...I decided to get myself an early birthday present. :D

Look for a new build thread soon!

Here it is with my official furry tank inspector giving it a once over. Need to finish grouting my new floor in the section I want the tank in, and then I'll be cleaning it out really well and gettin' it set up! So. Flippin. EXCITED.

Photo Jun 27, 7 11 30 PM (1).jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Movin' on up! Had a local reefer post a RedSea Max C-250 on one of the Colorado reefer pages I follow on Facebook for an absolute steal. He moved into a new place and didn't have the space for it along with his other tank. Practically brand new for $600 with all the original equipment and manuals. So...I decided to get myself an early birthday present. :D

Look for a new build thread soon!

Here it is with my official furry tank inspector giving it a once over. Need to finish grouting my new floor in the section I want the tank in, and then I'll be cleaning it out really well and gettin' it set up! So. Flippin. EXCITED.

Photo Jun 27, 7 11 30 PM (1).jpg

That's great! More water volume helps. Now you have the option to use this nano now as a "quarantine" tank o_O

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9fcd8fc70d8197b471418151223b23dd.jpg

Went to check out a new LFS that opened just down the road from me today. They had a decent selection of fish and coral and a really beautiful stingray in their big tank in the back. Excited to have one so close to my house!

Picked up a box of Marine Pure spheres that I've had my eye on for a while. I've always wanted to make use of that small space under the skimmer in the Evo, and having some extra biological filtration seems like a perfect way to use it. Also snagged a bigger shell for one of my red legged hermits that's been eyeing my large nassarius snail because his shell is getting a bit small. So hopefully he moves in there soon and is good to go for a while!

What LFS did you get your marine pure from? I live in Colorado as well and I would like to know as many stores as I can.

OP
OP
WarEaglesReef

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What LFS did you get your marine pure from? I live in Colorado as well and I would like to know as many stores as I can.
I got it at Tropical Pet Oasis in Parker. Tiny little store, but they have a decent selection of dry goods, and some unique fish in the back. I wish they were open more than just Friday/Saturday though. My favorite store in the Denver Metro is probably Aquatic Art. Awesome staff with a ton of knowledge to answer any question I've had, and a killer selection of coral at pretty good prices. Elite Reef is a close second even though they're way out of the way for me. They're definitely focused on smaller nano tanks which was great to see all the options and different directions I could choose to take my own tank. Murmann's Reef had a really cool selection of fish last time I was in there. Aquamart has a pretty good selection of inverts. I've heard good things about Stone Aquatics but I've never been. Also, welcome to Reef2Reef!! :D

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it at Tropical Pet Oasis in Parker. Tiny little store, but they have a decent selection of dry goods, and some unique fish in the back. I wish they were open more than just Friday/Saturday though. My favorite store in the Denver Metro is probably Aquatic Art. Awesome staff with a ton of knowledge to answer any question I've had, and a killer selection of coral at pretty good prices. Elite Reef is a close second even though they're way out of the way for me. They're definitely focused on smaller nano tanks which was great to see all the options and different directions I could choose to take my own tank. Murmann's Reef had a really cool selection of fish last time I was in there. Aquamart has a pretty good selection of inverts. I've heard good things about Stone Aquatics but I've never been. Also, welcome to Reef2Reef!! :D

Thanks a lot! I'm about to set up my fluval 13.5. And as for stone aquatics, every experience I've had there was pretty bad, most fish were sick and corals were melting :/

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back