Warmer water killing California round ray?

EthanD152

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
3
Location
phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading some online about the lifespan of the California round stingrays and saw one person only keeping them alive for 3 years and others speculated it was due to him keeping his temperatures at mid to high 70. I keep mine at mid to high 70s as well since I don’t have a chiller. Does anyone know if this will lower the lifespan on my girl? And If so what temp should I do that my snowflake eel can survive as well . Thanks
 
I read they do best in 65 to 75 degree temperatures. There natural habit is 54 to 72 degrees. They can be kept up to 78 degrees. No experience with either but the best temperature for either would be between 72 and 75. Depending on where you live might be best too look into a chiller for the summer. I know they have some for under 300.

Probably fine if under 78 but might stress it out if warmer.

One of the few pages i read.

https://www.aquariumdomain.com/SpeciesProfiles/MarineFish/RoundStingray.shtml
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new