Was looking under the microscope and not sure what this is

crazybanana2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2026
Messages
51
Reaction score
23
Location
Socal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two different things I saw moving, a squirmy noodle thing and I saw a circle, not sure what this is but I think my tank has dinos/diatoms, tank is one month old but phosphate was undetectable and nitrates were low (2-5ppm) IMG_0638.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0680.mov
    2 MB
  • IMG_0682.mov
    30.4 MB
You do have dinos, yes.
As far as the things you saw under the microscope. Our tanks have a plethora of microorganisms and microfauna.
But, I will see if I can get some assistance with identification.
@Jay Hemdal
 
Two different things I saw moving, a squirmy noodle thing and I saw a circle, not sure what this is but I think my tank has dinos/diatoms, tank is one month old but phosphate was undetectable and nitrates were low (2-5ppm) IMG_0638.jpeg

I see a free living nematode, those are super common. The larger round motile organism looks like it could be rotifer. Both are harmless to your tank inhabitants.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new