Washing Chaeto

bdouglas119

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
372
Reaction score
663
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not find the video but Ryan once mentioned rinsing chaeto in tap water and even leaving it in the fridge to kill any hitch hikers and pest. I've seen some post where people have had success with this but does anybody know if this would take care of any potential eggs/larva that may hitchhike in? My plan was to soak chaeto in rodi for several hours and refrigerate it after in hopes of killing off any pest before they get a chance to enter my tank.
 
I can not find the video but Ryan once mentioned rinsing chaeto in tap water and even leaving it in the fridge to kill any hitch hikers and pest. I've seen some post where people have had success with this but does anybody know if this would take care of any potential eggs/larva that may hitchhike in? My plan was to soak chaeto in rodi for several hours and refrigerate it after in hopes of killing off any pest before they get a chance to enter my tank.
I used to wash down Cheetos with Corona but.......Now I just use Absinthe...};->
 
I can not find the video but Ryan once mentioned rinsing chaeto in tap water and even leaving it in the fridge to kill any hitch hikers and pest. I've seen some post where people have had success with this but does anybody know if this would take care of any potential eggs/larva that may hitchhike in? My plan was to soak chaeto in rodi for several hours and refrigerate it after in hopes of killing off any pest before they get a chance to enter my tank.

Ryan talked about this on his Facebook page. If you're on Facebook, you can view that video HERE :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new