Watanabei Angelfish - Jumpers?

After removal of a Purple Tang one of the females turned into a male giving me a trio.
I lucked-out and was able to source 3 female Watanabeis, 2 Bella Gobies and a Magnificient Foxface. If i can keep these alive and healthy, i would reach quite close to intended fish-bioload. Maybe 2 more Bimac Anthias and a CopperBand Butterfly (only if I can buy one that eats frozen-zoos) and I will be tapped out.

... Now, to keep these guys alive. I made the following reef adjustments, and am keeping my finger's-crossed.

1. Understandably, with the Bella Gobies, my plans of staying lid-less is history. So, the lid is a permanent fixture now.

2. I extended the concept of an acclimation-box and temporarily
cordoned off a 30-gallon area from my 180 Gallon reef. The cordoned-off section houses a rock infested with amphipods, for whatever that's worth.

3. I am contuing to grow brine-shrimp in two seperate mini-tanks (ref: attached video)

Wish me luck!
 

Attachments

  • 20220821_091324.mp4
    93.8 MB
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new