Watchman Goby

mark_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a watchman Goby, he’s been in my Fluval 13.5 gallon nano reef tank for 2 years now. Initially with 2 clown fish, now with a single clown fish (the female clown became very aggressive and beat up the male until he wasn’t able to survive in a span of a few days, about 6 months ago) the Big female is going very strong and looks excellent and doesn’t seem to be missing her mate at all. However I noticed over the last month or so my Goby has shrunk and seems a lot smaller. No signs of damage on any fins at all or any signs of trauma, but his facial structure sunken, and he seems very skinny. At the same time Goby is very active and eats like a pig, like he always has. I’m very concerned because he’s visibly smaller and just doesn’t seem healthy due to his appearance although his behaviour hasn’t changed, he’s very fearless, he’ll perch on my rocks and patrol around the sand bed, sift sand from time to time. And is very comfortable and not very timid, he’s got a very cool personality and I’m concerned and just looking for some advice.

(2 photos are from when he was looking in better shape, blue light photos are from the other day)

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my little story and offer some advice.

IMG_0625.png IMG_0621.png IMG_0618.jpeg IMG_0619.png

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try something for internal parasites if it were me. Something like prazi or (in a qt) general cure, and then move from there.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back